Canexus is a chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. We pride ourselves on efficient low-cost operations, strategic growth, quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care® through safe, sustainable operating practices. Canexus produces sodium chlorate and chlor-alkali products largely for the pulp and paper and water treatment industries. We also provide fee-for-service hydrocarbon transloading services to the oil and gas industry.
Canexus is headquartered in Calgary, AB and is one of the world’s largest producers of sodium chlorate, used as an environmentally-preferred bleaching agent in the pulp and paper industry; we also produce chlor-alkali products for a variety of market applications. Canexus Calgary is currently seeking:
SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER
Calgary, AB or Vancouver, BC
As the successful candidate you will be accountable for managing the assigned territory currently comprised of the provinces of Alberta and Saskatchewan, with extension into the US northern Border States as appropriate. You will act as the liaison between Canexus and its customers, developing and executing sales strategies to support the organization’s annual and long-term business revenue and growth objectives. You will be responsible for managing customer performance, requirements and satisfaction as well as identifying new growth opportunities for Canexus. The successful candidate may be based in Calgary, AB or Vancouver, BC, and work from a home office base following a defined training period.
- Develop and implement a sales territory strategy and plan aligned with the Business Unit marketing strategy to support Canexus business objectives
- Maintain a current database of all accounts and their respective requirements in your assigned territory
- Develop knowledge of the competitive activity in your accounts
- Build a portfolio of growth opportunities and develop the necessary contacts and relationships
- Maintain appropriate call frequencies and call documentation
- Lead the customer interface and manage volume and revenue against contractual commitments utilizing the account planning process
- Develop and implement strategic account plans consistent with Canexus marketing strategies and value proposition
- Lead the contract negotiations and ensure compliance against contract commitments
- Manage price negotiations and secure the necessary approvals
- Build multi-level relationships and contacts
- Monitor customer needs and satisfaction and ensure problem resolution
- Periodically assess SWOT and recommend any appropriate action
- Develop customer proposals and surface new growth and product/service opportunities
- Monitor and report on market, product, customer trends and competitive activity
- Manage expenses against an assigned budget
- Support the company’s Responsible Care commitments, principally in the area of Product Stewardship
- Jointly with the Manager Technical Service, initiate technical projects that provide value and differentiation
- Jointly with Finance, manage the company’s credit exposure to individual accounts
- Degree from a credited university in one or more of the following fields: engineering, business, finance, chemistry, marketing. MBA preferred.
- Experience in the chemical, petrochemical, or oil & gas industries with a minimum of 3-5 years in a sales, marketing, business analyst, production, or finance role.
- Experienced candidates with 5+ years experience combined with advanced commercial or business experience will also be considered.
- Strong communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- Robust knowledge of the relevant industries and markets.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Ability to promote and accept change.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Able to travel to support the assigned sales territory (estimated 50% travel).
Canexus offers a competitive total compensation package. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered further will be contacted. www.canexus.ca