||Corporate Process & Process Safety Engineer
The Canexus plant in North Vancouver, British Columbia is a well-established Chlor-Alkali production facility with over 50 years of successful operating history which in 2009-2010, went into a major technology upgrade that brought this facility to a state of the art operation. Canexus North Vancouver is currently seeking:
CORPORATE PROCESS & PROCESS SAFETY ENGINEER
- Participate in the development of corporate processes and systems to evaluate and improve performance of facilities and major projects, as well as site audits of Process Safety and Process Engineering.
- Lead development and implementation of annual improvement plans for Process Engineering and Process Safety with sites to ensure Operational Safety, Reliability, Efficiency and Production capability
- Lead development, improvement, communication and training of new and improved Process Safety initiatives, Canexus Process Safety policies, standards and Risk Management processes
- Grow Canexus Process Safety expertise and best practices through Process Safety network, Industry Associations, seminars, monitoring and adoption of industry best practices as appropriate, facilitating and or delivering corporate-wide internal and external Process Safety training program
- Provide Process and Process Safety oversight and support project setup (as part of corporate governance) of Major Projects to ensure:Process & Process Safety deliverables and resources provided for each phase of projects;
- Design and documentation systems capture Process Engineering and Process Safety results;
- Plans established for Design Review, Site Review and Human Factors Review;
- Plans established to ensure conformance to Canexus Process Safety standards including Process Hazard Analysis, Risk Assessments, HAZOPs, LOPAs and Pre-Startup Safety Reviews;
- Action items developed during the reviews are documented and implemented into designs
- Project learning’ are captured and incorporated into Canexus Project and Engineering processes
- Insurance providers review Project designs and proposals and their recommendations are incorporate as appropriate Implementation of Process Safety Management of Change (MOC) and Variance processes
- For select Major Projects and significant Process & Process safety designs, participate in review of engineering design deliverables to ensure consistency with Canexus design standards, engineering and process safety standards (API, ANSI, ASME, NFPA, CSA, IEC, etc.), and adequacy for purpose
- Manage Risk Consultants and interface with Insurance providers as Canexus Process Safety lead in support of Canexus Risk Management program. Lead follow-up and ensure action items developed during reviews are documented and completed.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Registered or eligible to be registered as a Professional Engineer with APEGBC
- 10+ years process engineering design, Process Safety Management experience and operational support in electrochemical/chemical plant facilities.
- Established knowledge of the industrial chemicals processing industry.
- Strong Process Safety background and knowledge of risk, hazard, safety integrity and functional safety processes
- Sound knowledge of related engineering discipline areas including Mechanical, Electrical, Process Control, Automation, Instrumentation and Information Systems.
- Demonstrated experience managing process engineering projects
- Experience in working on large teams and working with external EPC companies
- Experience leading teams. Demonstrated leadership without authority in a functional/matrix capacity. Strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; Solicits input and opinions from key stakeholders
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills to all levels and audiences
Canexus offers a competitive total compensation package. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered further will be contacted. www.canexus.ca