Canexus is a chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. We pride ourselves on efficient low-cost operations, strategic growth, quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care® through safe, sustainable operating practices. Canexus produces sodium chlorate and chlor-alkali products largely for the pulp and paper and water treatment industries. We also provide fee-for-service hydrocarbon transloading services to the oil and gas industry from our terminal at Bruderheim, Alberta.
Our North American Terminal Operations (NATO) in Bruderheim, Alberta, reflects our ability to pursue creative growth opportunities. Recognizing its strategic location, we transformed the site of our former sodium chlorate plant at Bruderheim, Alberta into a storage and transloading facility to efficiently service the vast oil & gas and oil sands sectors in Alberta. We also currently use the site for transloading caustic soda and hydrochloric acid from our North Vancouver facility for use in both the oil & gas and oil sands sectors and the pulp sector in Alberta. Canexus NATO is currently seeking:
The Procurement Administrator provides administrative support to the Procurement and Administration departments. Reporting to the Divisional Accountant, you will work closely with the Senior Buyer on a variety of tasks and projects. You possess strong communication skills coupled with a high attention to detail and will be responsible for ensuring the timely completion of administrative tasks.
- Provide support to the warehouse and accounts payable in the resolution of issues/discrepancies with vendors and purchase orders
- Process requisitions, service entries and goods receipts as required
- Follow up and expedite Purchase Orders when required
- Process a wide variety of documents and materials (e.g., work orders, , invoices, expense claims, and incoming/outgoing mail and courier shipments) in compliance with established guidelines and procedures
- Perform administrative tasks such as collection, scanning, reproduction and filing of procurement documents
- Provide additional administrative duties in support of the Administration department as required
- Participate in inventory counts
- Administration diploma is an asset
- Experience leading and motivating teams.
- 5+ years of administrative and/or accounts payable experience
- Previous experience in a procurement/purchasing environment would be an asset
- Must have a working knowledge of SAP
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Strong negotiations skills
Canexus offers a competitive total compensation package. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered further will be contacted. www.canexus.ca