Canexus is a chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. We pride ourselves on efficient low-cost operations, strategic growth, quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care® through safe, sustainable operating practices. Canexus produces sodium chlorate and chlor-alkali products largely for the pulp and paper and water treatment industries. We also provide fee-for-service hydrocarbon transloading services to the oil and gas industry.
Canexus is headquartered in Calgary, AB and is one of the world’s largest producers of sodium chlorate, used as an environmentally-preferred bleaching agent in the pulp and paper industry; we also produce chlor-alkali products for a variety of market applications. Canexus Calgary is currently seeking:
This position will work closely with the sales team and customer service group in the organization. The Financial Accountant will provide monthly and quarterly analysis to support management and external reporting requirements.
- Provide a high level of customer service with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify, analyze, recommend and implement areas of improvement within the Finance department.
- Ensure monthly and quarterly analysis is completed in an accurate and timely manner to support management and external reporting requirements.
- Liaise with the sales team, customer service group and accounts receivable to calculate, verify and record any correcting revenue and/ or freight adjustments identified.
- Update SAP with plan and outlook data for select areas of the organization.
- Prepare month end account reconciliations and working papers as required by external auditors.
- Ability to adapt to the changing business environment and emerging business requirements.
- Recognize and identify areas of improvement or development and participate in the implementation of financial process changes.
- Provide assistance in the maintenance of process and key control documentation.
- Coach, train and develop staff.
- Additional ad hoc projects as required
- Accounting degree
- Designated CGA, CMA or near completion of either program with compensating work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Previous SAP experience would be an asset
- Strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent time management, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work as part of a team.
- Self motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
Canexus offers a competitive total compensation package. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered further will be contacted. www.canexus.ca