||Environmental and Quality Coordinator
Our North American Terminal Operations (NATO) in Bruderheim, Alberta, reflects our ability to pursue creative growth opportunities. Recognizing its strategic location, we transformed the site of our former sodium chlorate plant at Bruderheim, Alberta into a storage and transloading facility to efficiently service the vast oil & gas and oil sands sectors in Alberta. We also currently use the site for transloading caustic soda and hydrochloric acid from our North Vancouver facility for use in both the oil & gas and oil sands sectors and the pulp sector in Alberta. Canexus NATO is currently seeking:
ENVIRONMENTAL AND QUALITY COORDINATOR
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for the overall management of the Terminal Environmental, Lab Management, and Quality Management Systems.
- Co-ordinates and provides leadership for activities required to achieve and maintain plant Environmental, Quality and Responsible Care compliance.
- Functions as the facility environment representative and carries out duties and assumes responsibilities as defined within the divisional EH&S manuals.
- Maintains liaison with government personnel and regulatory agencies as well as outside associations concerned with environmental protection.
- Works with industry groups, governments and the public to develop sensible regulations and to promote a voluntary approach whenever possible.
- Develops and reviews appropriate procedures. Ensures they are maintained current and are respected.
- Establishes site environment, quality, and emergency response goals and objectives and communicates them to plant personnel.
- Maintain all aspects of the Quality Management System to ensure ISO compliance and registration. Assists in the resolution of customer issues when needed.
- Participates in Quality/Chemist and Environmental group activities to assist with improvement and standardization across the company.
- Establish quality testing programs for the terminal. Prepares, monitor and investigate quality control analyses performed in the lab.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment; comply with all rules and responsibilities as outlined under the corporate Health and Safety Policy
- Develop, monitor, and control Laboratory, Environmental and Quality System budgets
- University degree or diploma in Science is a must, preferably Chemistry or Environment
- ISO requirements training
- 1-2 years experience related experience, preferably in an industrial setting
- Excellent computer skills in Lotus Notes and MS Office.
- Chemistry and/or chemical compatibility knowledge gained through relevant education.
- Must have strong verbal and written and communication skills.
- Leadership abilities.
- Must have strong statistical analysis and problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Canexus offers a competitive total compensation package. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered further will be contacted. www.canexus.ca