||Industrial Systems Engineer (1 year Contract)
Canexus is a chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. We pride ourselves on efficient low-cost operations, strategic growth, quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care® through safe, sustainable operating practices. Canexus produces sodium chlorate and chlor-alkali products largely for the pulp and paper and water treatment industries. We also provide fee-for-service hydrocarbon transloading services to the oil and gas industry.
Canexus is headquartered in Calgary, AB and is one of the world’s largest producers of sodium chlorate, used as an environmentally-preferred bleaching agent in the pulp and paper industry; we also produce chlor-alkali products for a variety of market applications. Canexus Calgary is currently seeking:
INDUSTRIAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER (EIT to Intermediate)
1 Year Contract Role
This role provides an exciting opportunity for an EIT, Junior or Intermediate Engineer to gain experience and skills in industrial information systems engineering in both a Project support capacity as well as multiple facility support role.
Using your education and background with appropriate supervision and guidance you will provide corporate support for Industrial Information Systems (Process Information Management Systems, Manufacturing Execution systems, Terminal Management Systems, Rail Management Systems, Modeling/Simulation and Industrial IT) to optimize Canexus operations.
The position shall support the North American Terminal Operation (NATO) Projects as well as other approved corporate-wide initiatives and support functions provided by Corporate Technology and Engineering department.
The position reports to the Manager, Industrial Information Systems Engineering within the Corporate Technology and Engineering department and is technically supervised by NATO Sr. Systems Engineer/s and Corporate Process and Process Control Systems Specialists and Engineers.
Project Management Support
- Assist with developing Project Scopes, Project Charters, Project Plans, Risk Assessments, Gantt Charts and support Project tracking, reporting, Change Control and Project administration
- Provide engineering support of installation and commissioning of developed systems
- Develop System design documentation (Network Diagrams, Functional Design Specifications, Design Basis Memorandums)
- Factory inspections and witness testing for quality assurance of systems where required
Industrial Information Systems Engineering
- Develop, administer and support optimization of facilities using Process Information Management System (PIMS). Including Historian tag database development using OSI Process Information (PI) system. Develop PIMS Reports, Trends, Graphics, Displays and KPIs design and development
- Develop, administer and support optimization of facilities using Terminal Management Systems (TMS) and Rail Management System (RMS) applications and reporting systems
- Develop, administer and support optimization of facilities using Dynamic Modeling systems (SIMIO and Matrikon Process Optimizer)
- Develop, administer and support optimization of facilities using Manufacturing Execution Systems (including Alarm Management, Control Performance Management, Laboratory Information, Manual Entry, Operator Log-books, Data Analysis technologies)
- Design, engineer and implement Industrial Networks (including OPC, Modbus, Profibus, DeviceNet, Industrial Wireless and related WAN/LAN/Cloud)
- Support Integration of Automation, Industrial Information Systems and Business Systems
- Develop Systems standards, user and administration documentation
- Assist with operational support and administration of Systems (PIMS, TMS, RMS, MES, Modeling)
- Bachelors Degree in Instrumentation, Electrical, Chemical or Control Engineering
- 2 - 5 years engineering experience
- Academic level knowledge of Electrical, Instrumentation, Process Control and Information Systems Engineering as applied to Industrial applications
- Some knowledge and experience with Ethernet/TCP Networks, Industrial data communications, Application programming, Process Information Systems (OSI PI), Termination Management Systems (TMS6), Rail Management Systems (Borque) and Dynamic Modeling (SIMO), Matrikon Alarm Manager and Control Performance Monitor would be an advantage. At a minimum these areas of learning must be of high interest
- Willing and quick learner with excellent organizational skills
- Self-starter and able to work independently and in a team environment
- Build positive and effective working relations with the team and other department collaborators
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills to all levels and audiences
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered further will be contacted. www.canexus.ca