Canexus is a chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. We pride ourselves on efficient low-cost operations, strategic growth, quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care® through safe, sustainable operating practices. Canexus produces sodium chlorate and chlor-alkali products largely for the pulp and paper and water treatment industries. We also provide fee-for-service hydrocarbon transloading services to the oil and gas industry.
The Canexus plant in Brandon, Manitoba is a well-established Sodium Chlorate production facility with over 50 years of successful operating history. It is the largest sodium chlorate plant in the world and the lowest-cost sodium chlorate plant in North America. Canexus Brandon is currently seeking:
As the successful candidate you will be focused on supporting day to day activities in the stores/warehousing area. This position will report to the Maintenance Supervisor and work closely with the Stores Coordinator. This is a unionized position covered under CEP/Canexus collective agreement. Hours of work will be Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 3:30 pm with two, twenty minute paid breaks. The rate of pay shall be as defined by Appendix A (Job Classification and Wage Rate) of the collective agreement for the Permanent Laborer position.
- Unload delivery trucks as necessary manually or with Fork Lift.
- Receive inventory and direct purchase materials.
- Print inventory labels and goods receipt forms as necessary.
- Put inventory materials away.
- Delivery direct purchase materials to the appropriate person.
- Enter issue slips for inventory materials.
- Check and order Open Stock materials as necessary.
- Prepare job kits with stores and direct buy materials as necessary.
- Prepare materials for shipment according to TDG and other regulations.
- Assist with Physical Inventory counts.
- Assist with Stores/Tent/Cold Storage/Tool Crib organization.
- Sweep / clean warehouse bins, shelves and floors as necessary.
- Deliveries and Pick-ups in town as necessary.
- Assist Maintenance Planner closing work orders and other clerical tasks as required.
- Cover during periods of vacation for warehouse specialist
- Provide assistance to maintenance department when requested.
- Other duties as required.
- High School (minimum grade 12) or some Post-Secondary would be an asset
- Familiarity with SAP would be an asset
- Experience in an industrial environment
- Experience in an industrial warehouse setting
- Strong organizational & computer skills
- Valid driver’s license
Canexus offers a competitive total compensation package. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered further will be contacted. www.canexus.ca