||Manager Projects and Engineering
Manager, Projects and Engineering
As the successful candidate you will manage a portfolio of projects to support the Canexus growth strategy. Reporting to the Director, NATO Program, you will lead the development process from concept to final engineering in preparation for execution whereby the you are accountable for seamless transfer of the Project to facility based Project Execution Management. You will then provide project execution oversight and engineering support through the construction and commissioning phases.
- Interface with Business Unit, Facility and Senior Management to develop long-term Program scope, objectives and subsequent sub-Projects.
Manage Portfolio of Projects in various stages of development and ensure integrated Program Scope, Schedule and Costs are established.
Establish and ensure effective program organization, resources and processes including Portfolio Management, Project Stage development, approval, changes and project engineering. Leverage learnings to establish and improve Canexus project and engineering processes.
- Manage Engineering deliverables from various external companies. Ensure they are clearly defined, tracked and that the engineering quality is assured through control processes.
Lead Canexus owner’s Project team to review with facility (operations and maintenance), project (construction, commissioning) and corporate stakeholders in Project development and engineering at key stages to ensure design meets expectations of the business and engineering quality is assured.
- Lead Canexus owner’s Project team to oversee engineering companies to ensure technical delivery of projects.
- Lead engineering support to the terminal for projects in construction and commissioning phases. Manage the engineering change process and subsequent external engineering deliverables during the construction and commissioning phase.
- Engineering degree, preferably in Mechanical or Process Engineering.
Eligibility for registration with APEGA in the Province of Alberta.
Management, Project and Program Management post graduate studies preferred.
Project Management Professional (PMP) designation preferred.
20+ years of experience in Engineering and Project / Program Management.
Experience managing medium-large scale EPC/Construction projects in an Oil processing environment, ideally involving pipeline receipt and dispatch, storage tanks, truck and rail operations.
Project Portfolio Management experience including conceptualizing, steering and managing up to 15 concurrent capital Projects in various stages of development.
Demonstrated experience interfacing, communicating and negotiating with Facility, Corporate and Senior Management.
Canexus offers a competitive total compensation package. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered further will be contacted. www.canexus.ca