Our North American Terminal Operations (NATO) in Bruderheim, Alberta, reflects our ability to pursue creative growth opportunities. Recognizing its strategic location, we transformed the site of our former sodium chlorate plant at Bruderheim, Alberta into a storage and transloading facility to efficiently service the vast oil & gas and oil sands sectors in Alberta. We also currently use the site for transloading caustic soda and hydrochloric acid from our North Vancouver facility for use in both the oil & gas and oil sands sectors and the pulp sector in Alberta. Canexus NATO is currently seeking:
The Shift Supervisor is a new position and will be accountable for maximizing the operational performance, business contribution and asset value of the Canexus Terminal facility and personnel through leadership actions that are fully aligned with Canexus' ethics, values, and strategies. As the successful candidate you will provide day-to-day support of our terminal operations leading a crew while ensuring safe performance, environmental compliance and efficient operation of equipment. You are a team player and support a culture where continuous improvement is a way of doing business. Our Bruderheim facility is a 24/7 operation and this role consists of 12 hour day and night shifts.
- Support the site leadership team in the establishment and implementation of Terminal objectives.
- In conjunction with the Health & Safety ensure compliance with plant environmental permits, programs and orders. Verify employee training and understanding of their responsibility to protect the environment.
- Together with the Divisional and Terminal Responsible Care leadership, ensure compliance with relevant regulations and excellence in achievement of the Responsible Care ethic.
- Together with Terminal Maintenance, ensure plant reliability.
- Manage Departmental Period and Variable costs including vacation scheduling, overtime, call-ins and absenteeism to achieve Terminal objectives.
- Ensure that the Operations team is effective, technically competent and that employees are appropriately trained.
- Maintain compliance with applicable Safety standards.
- Maintain compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, Company policies, safety and environmental standards, and good housekeeping and Responsible Care practices.
- Maintain compliance with site security procedures and protocols.
- Liaison with Rail Logistics.
- Oversee the railcar movement and choreography of rail yard.
- Complete necessary paperwork and documentation
- Experience working in a Terminal facility.
- Experience leading and motivating teams.
- ABB (Bailey) DCS experience would be definite assets.
- 4th class Power Engineering certification is desired.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Displays a high degree of integrity and trust.
- Good communication skills.
- Good decision making and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Excellent safety record.
- Ability to train and share knowledge with others
- Dependable, organized and self-starter with strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Results driven & self-motivated.
- Demonstrated strong initiative and sound problem solving skills.
Canexus offers a competitive total compensation package. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered further will be contacted. www.canexus.ca