Canexus is a chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. We pride ourselves on efficient low-cost operations, strategic growth, quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care® through safe, sustainable operating practices. Canexus produces sodium chlorate and chlor-alkali products largely for the pulp and paper and water treatment industries. We also provide fee-for-service hydrocarbon transloading services to the oil and gas industry from our terminal at Bruderheim, Alberta.
||Rail and Transloading Operator
Our North American Terminal Operations (NATO) in Bruderheim, Alberta, reflects our ability to pursue creative growth opportunities. Recognizing its strategic location, we transformed the site of our former sodium chlorate plant at Bruderheim, Alberta into a storage and transloading facility to efficiently service the vast oil & gas and oil sands sectors in Alberta. We also currently use the site for transloading caustic soda and hydrochloric acid from our North Vancouver facility for use in both the oil & gas and oil sands sectors and the pulp sector in Alberta. Canexus NATO is currently seeking:
RAIL AND TRANSLOADING OPERATOR
This position requires that you to work within a self relieving crew in the Operations department. Each crew will perform all work as a cohesive group, including troubleshooting, safe and efficient terminal operation. The self relieving crew format is based on crew members working in various positions on a regular basis and assisting each other whenever required. This position is located at our Bruderheim Terminal.
- Provide day-to-day safe, efficient and environmentally sound operation of the terminal.
- Learn and progress through all operating positions within the Operations department.
- Provide safe, rule compliant operation of the site Locomotive and Shuttlewagon.
- Mentor and train new Brakeman/Conductor and Locomotive Engineers on crew.
- Perform safe, rule compliant, brakeman /conductor duties for rail movements.
- Assist with Rail Car and Truck loading/off-loading of products.
- Load HCl and Caustic railcars and operate the associated equipment in this area.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and follow-up on process issues.
- Maintain terminal documentation including a shift log, reports, rail movement tracksheets, etc.
- Work co-operatively and communicate effectively with others in the production facility.
- Complete safety and environmental inspections and report deficiencies as needed.
- Completion of pre and post offloading checklists.
- Sampling and storage of Hydro-carbon and HCL.
- Housekeeping inside and out.
- May complete other duties as required.
- Certified Locomotive Engineer required.
- Canadian Rail Operating Rules or Industrial Rail Operating Rules required.
- Experience operating in an industrial setting is desired.
- ABB (Bailey) DCS experience would be definite assets.
- 4th class Power Engineering certification is desired.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, goal oriented and a team player.
- Able to work independently and without close supervision.
- Must practice good Industrial hygiene.
Canexus offers a competitive total compensation package. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered further will be contacted. www.canexus.ca