Canexus is a chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. We pride ourselves on efficient low-cost operations, strategic growth, quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care® through safe, sustainable operating practices. Canexus produces sodium chlorate and chlor-alkali products largely for the pulp and paper and water treatment industries. We also provide fee-for-service hydrocarbon transloading services to the oil and gas industry.
The Canexus plant in North Vancouver, British Columbia is a well-established Chlor-Alkali production facility with over 55 years of successful operating history which in 2009-2010, undertook a major technology upgrade that brought this facility to a state of the art operation. Canexus North Vancouver is currently seeking:
As the successful candidate you will provide day-to-day support of our plant operations, ensuring safe performance, environmental compliance and efficient operation of equipment. Reporting to the Shift Foremen, you are a team player and support a culture where continuous improvement is a way of doing business. Our North Vancouver facility is a 24/7 operation and this role consists of 12 hour day and night shifts.
- Provide day-to-day safe, efficient and environmentally sound operation of the plant.
- Learn and progress through all operating positions within the Operations department.
- Assist with Barge loading/off-loading of products.
- Conduct rail movements of both empty and loaded rail cars.
- Load HCl and Caustic railcars and operate the associated equipment in this area.
- Liaise with Maintenance to ensure necessary preparations are made for upcoming work orders.
- Montior, troubleshoot and follow-up on process issues.
- Maintain plant documentation including a shift log, reports, etc.
- Work co-operatively and communicate effectively with others in the production facility.
- Complete safety and environmental inspections and report deficiencies as needed.
- May complete other duties as required.
- Inter-Provincial 4th Class Power Engineer Certificate required, however candidates that hold their Inter-Provincial 3rd Class Power Engineer Certificate are preferred.
- A minimum of five years experience operating in an industrial setting is required.
- ABB (Bailey) DCS experience would be definite assets.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, goal oriented and a team player.
- Able to work independently and without close supervision.
This is a unionized position that will require you to work within a self relieving crew in the Operations department. Each crew will perform all work as a cohesive group, including troubleshooting, safe and efficient plant operation as well as loading various products. The self relieving crew format is based on crew members working in various positions on a regular basis and assisting each other whenever required. As you learn more about the plant operation you will progress through each of the 6 operating positions on your crew. You will work a 12-hour rotating shift, averaging 40 hours per week.
Canexus offers a competitive total compensation package. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered further will be contacted. www.canexus.ca