Canexus is a chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. We pride ourselves on efficient low-cost operations, strategic growth, quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care® through safe, sustainable operating practices. Canexus produces sodium chlorate and chlor-alkali products largely for the pulp and paper and water treatment industries. We also provide fee-for-service hydrocarbon transloading services to the oil and gas industry from our terminal at Bruderheim, Alberta.
||Senior Control Room Operator (Unit Train)
Our North American Terminal Operations (NATO) in Bruderheim, Alberta, reflects our ability to pursue creative growth opportunities. Recognizing its strategic location, we transformed the site of our former sodium chlorate plant at Bruderheim, Alberta into a storage and transloading facility to efficiently service the vast oil & gas and oil sands sectors in Alberta. We also currently use the site for transloading caustic soda and hydrochloric acid from our North Vancouver facility for use in both the oil & gas and oil sands sectors and the pulp sector in Alberta. Canexus NATO is currently seeking:
SENIOR CONTROL OPERATOR (UNIT TRAIN)
As the successful candidate you will be reporting to the Unit Train Terminal Supervisor.
- Support the site leadership team in the establishment and implementation of Unit Train Terminal objectives.
- Monitor and track details such as interlocks, temperature and material level alarms, permissive signals, start/stop sequences to assist operations and maintenance in troubleshooting and diagnosing problems.
- Maintain shift operating logs and records and complete necessary paperwork and documentation.
- Assist employees in general diagnostics of malfunctions in systems
- Respond to alarms and malfunctions of plant operations and take the necessary corrective measures
- In conjunction with the Health & Safety ensure compliance with plant environmental permits, programs and orders. Verify employee training and understanding of their responsibility to protect the environment
- Environmental and Regularity reporting as needed
- Together with the Divisional and Terminal Responsible Care leadership, ensure compliance with relevant regulations and excellence in achievement of the Responsible Care ethic.
- Together with Terminal Maintenance, ensure plant reliability.
- Manage Departmental Period and Variable costs including vacation scheduling, overtime, call-ins and absenteeism to achieve Terminal objectives.
- Ensure that the Operations team is effective, technically competent and that employees are appropriately trained.
- Educate and enforce applicable Safety standards.
- Maintain compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, Company policies, safety and environmental standards, and good housekeeping and Responsible Care practices.
- Maintain compliance with site security procedures and protocols.
- Liaison with Rail Logistics. Assist will billing as needed
- Oversee the railcar movement and choreography of rail yard and movement of multiple trains.
- Review and develop operating procedures
- Assist with commissioning / unit start-ups
- Establish or adjust job orders to meet schedules
- Recommend changes to aspect of the operation in order to produce safer work procedures, savings and efficiencies
- Help write and update plant-operating procedures
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Experience working in a Terminal facility.
- Experience leading and motivating teams.
- ABB (Bailey) DCS experience would be definite assets.
- 4th class Power Engineering certification is desired.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Displays a high degree of integrity and trust.
- Good communication skills.
- Good decision making and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Excellent safety record.
- Ability to train and share knowledge with others
- Dependable, organized and self-starter with strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Results driven & self-motivated.
- Demonstrated strong initiative and sound problem solving skills.
Canexus offers a competitive total compensation package. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered further will be contacted. www.canexus.ca