||Project Manager & Senior Facility Engineer
Canexus is headquartered in Calgary, AB and is one of the world’s largest producers of sodium chlorate, used as an environmentally-preferred bleaching agent in the pulp and paper industry; we also produce chlor-alkali products for a variety of market applications. Canexus Calgary is currently seeking:
Project Manager & Senior Facility Engineer
The Canexus Bruderheim facility is currently being expanded into a world scale Terminal Operation. The Project Manager & Sr. Facility Engineer is a key member of the Program Leadership Team (PLT) which has overall Program Management responsibility for effective delivery of Projects to support the Business. The position is one of a number of assigned PMs that form the PLT and who work together under the Leadership of the Project Program to provide a team-based approach to Program delivery. The position also provides Facility Engineering as required for smaller Projects.
- Project Management:
- As key member of the Program Leadership Team (PLT) ensure integrated Program Scope, Schedule and Costs are established and effectively coordinate multiple Projects with other PM’s and the Project Program leadership to deliver a coordinated long-term future state
- Undertake assigned Program Management responsibilities and work closely with other PMs and the PPM to ensure a coordinated and effective Program Management Office.
- As key member of the Program Leadership Team, interface with Business Unit, Facility and Senior Management to develop and execute a Portfolio of assigned Projects
- Provide backup support and coverage of each member of the PLT to ensure knowledge capture, coverage and a streamlined team-based Program Management and Leadership function
- Manage EPC/EPCM and Project resources to ensure effective planning and execution of Projects
- Assist with the development of Board level presentations for status updates and or funding approval
- As part of the PLT, establish and ensure effective Project Processes including Project Portfolio Management,
- roject Stage Development, Project Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, MOC
- Facility Engineering:
- Develop and retain organizational knowledge pertaining to terminal operations, design, standards and practices as a technical leader and advisor.
- Lead assigned projects through all phases of development and execution, including scope definition, feasibility analysis, detailed engineering, approval, construction and commissioning.
- Liaise with representatives across the organization, including business development, marketing, operations, engineering, legal and information systems, in a cross-functional team focused on strategic growth. Actively participate in the growth of a developing business, from strategy definition through implementation.
- Develop and document standards for engineering processes, process equipment, piping and valves, tanks and containment, communications systems etc.
- Mentor engineering and operations personnel to increase organizational knowledge and foster an improvement culture in the business unit
- Ensure Projects/Programs are aligned with and contribute to corporate-wide plans and programs that support overall business objectives (safety, reliability, efficiency, capability and growth)
- As part of Program development, improve corporate business processes; including planning, knowledge management, standards, engineering and Project processes
- Engineering degree, preferably in Mechanical or Process Engineering
- Eligibility for registration with APEGGA in the Provinceof Alberta
- Project and Program Management post graduate studies preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation preferred
15+ years in an operating environment with specific experience in terminal operations of condensate, butane, diluted bitumen, crude oil and other hydrocarbons
- Management of medium-large scale EPC projects ($50M+) in an Oil processing environment, ideally involving pipeline receipt and dispatch, storage tanks, truck and rail operations
- Project Portfolio Management experience including conceptualizing, steering and managing up to 10 concurrent capital Projects in various stages of development
- Experience interfacing and negotiating with Facility, Corporate and Senior Management
- Significant experience with Facility Process Safety, Responsible Care / EHS, Fire Protection and related systems as it pertains to Terminal, Oil and Gas
- Extremely strong Process mindset and demonstrated leadership and dedication to establishing and ensuring conformance to effective Project and Engineering Processes and Systems.
- Superior presentation and reporting skills
- Exceptional understanding of project management, business analysis, risk management and value management methods, tools and techniques
- Expert abilities in risk and issue management (including identification, mitigation and resolution)
- Superior planning, organization and people management skills
- Demonstrated capability to acquire and share technical knowledge of facility operations, implement improvement projects, and supervise technical and field personnel (both construction and operations).
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Knowledgeable in a broad range of engineering disciplines pertaining to oilfield operations
- SAP Project Systems experience and a knowledge of procurement processes are an asset
Canexus offers a competitive total compensation package. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered further will be contacted. www.canexus.ca