Canexus is a chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. We pride ourselves on efficient low-cost operations, strategic growth, quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care® through safe, sustainable operating practices. Canexus produces sodium chlorate and chlor-alkali products largely for the pulp and paper and water treatment industries. We also provide fee-for-service hydrocarbon transloading services to the oil and gas industry.
Canexus is headquartered in Calgary, AB and is one of the world’s largest producers of sodium chlorate, used as an environmentally-preferred bleaching agent in the pulp and paper industry; we also produce chlor-alkali products for a variety of market applications. Canexus Calgary is currently seeking:
FINANCE MANAGER, NATO
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for providing sound financial advice, guidance, information and support to the Business Unit management team including, financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, as well as special project work to understand and help guide improvement conversations within the business. The individual will be self-managed and a self-starter who is able to provide insights from analysis on a level appropriate to the audience.
Strategic Business Partner
- Develop strong working relationships with the senior leadership team of the Business Unit.
- Be the financial advisor for the Business Unit.
- Ensure a comprehensive and relevant flow of accurate and timely financial and related information to the senior management team including business trend analysis to facilitate effective, proactive decision-making.
- Be actively involved in the growth strategy of the Business Unit and develop finance and accounting processes, systems, internal controls, reports and people to meet strategic growth initiatives.
- Coordinate the development of the division’s strategic plan, annual operating plan and financial outlooks.
- Integrate accounting activities with business operations to ensure that financial and operating results are prepared in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Ensure the Business Unit has adequate internal controls and ensure that the division is in compliance with corporate policies and procedures and GAAP.
- Assess business performance and recommend improvements where required.
- Manage operating budgets for assets operated by third parties.
Business Process Improvement
- Assess business unit finance and operating processes and systems with a goal of simplifying and increasing their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Play a key role in the successful implementation of a new Terminal Management system and other projects as required.
People and Organizational Leadership
- As the NATO business evolves there is a likelihood this role will expand to include overseeing other areas of the business unit such as administration, procurement, terminal management system and commercial areas.
- Post-secondary education and an accounting designation required.
- 5 – 10 years of business experience in progressively more responsible roles
- Previous midstream and/or oilfield services experience would be considered an asset.
- Sound knowledge of IFRS and its application.
- Strong business acumen combined with strong communication, networking and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and focus on anticipated work requests.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, particularly in the areas of initiative, mentorship, coaching, influence and change management.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to lead strategically, combined with the technical depth to provide hands-on support and guidance when needed.
- Proven ability to prepare and effectively present, both verbally and written, materials for senior management.
- Ability to quickly establish relationships and gain credibility.
- Passionate about working in a fast paced and matrix organization.
- Proven ability to bring issues to closure.
Canexus offers a competitive total compensation package. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered further will be contacted. www.canexus.ca