Canexus is a chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. We pride ourselves on efficient low-cost operations, strategic growth, quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care® through safe, sustainable operating practices. Canexus produces sodium chlorate and chlor-alkali products largely for the pulp and paper and water treatment industries. We also provide fee-for-service hydrocarbon transloading services to the oil and gas industry from our terminal at Bruderheim, Alberta.
Our North American Terminal Operations (NATO) in Bruderheim, Alberta, reflects our ability to pursue creative growth opportunities. Recognizing its strategic location, we transformed the site of our former sodium chlorate plant at Bruderheim, Alberta into a storage and transloading facility to efficiently service the vast oil & gas and oil sands sectors in Alberta. We also currently use the site for transloading caustic soda and hydrochloric acid from our North Vancouver facility for use in both the oil & gas and oil sands sectors and the pulp sector in Alberta. Canexus NATO is currently seeking:
As the successful candidate you will provide administrative support services to the Bruderheim NATO Terminal.
- Responsible for administrative and clerical duties necessary to run the organization efficiently including, but not limited to: reception; organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files; handling, preparing and maintaining documents and reports as necessary
- Responsible for maintaining a variety of documents confidential and non-confidential files and records (e.g. databases, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, and records management), as well as, compiling pertinent information in assigned areas for the purpose of ensuring accuracy of materials and complying with all federal, provincial and company regulations.
- Process a wide variety of documents and materials (i.e. cheque requisitions, petty cash, expense claims, incoming/outgoing mail and courier shipments) in compliance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Respond to a wide variety of inquiries from internal and external parties (i.e. visitors, contractors, vendors, and staff) for the purpose of providing information, facilitating communication among parties and/or providing direction.
- Organize plant business, annual United Way campaigns and social functions in cooperation with other Leadership Team members.
- Responsible for maintaining office supplies and equipment, including iniating repairs and working with IT as needed.
- Presents information on administrative related procedures for the purpose of orienting new personnel and/or disseminating information to existing personnel.
- Minimum Grade 12 education.
- Applied Business Technology Certificate specializing as an Administrative Assistant or equivalent of 3 - 5 years working in an office environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Displays high degree of integrity and trust.
- Proficiency in the use of various office equipment, computers and computer programs (especially MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint); and a Windows based environment).
- Familiarity with SAP and Lotus Notes is an asset.
Canexus offers a competitive total compensation package. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered further will be contacted. www.canexus.ca