Canexus is a chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. We pride ourselves on efficient low-cost operations, strategic growth, quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care® through safe, sustainable operating practices. Canexus produces sodium chlorate and chlor-alkali products largely for the pulp and paper and water treatment industries. We also provide fee-for-service hydrocarbon transloading services to the oil and gas industry.
Canexus is headquartered in Calgary, AB and is one of the world’s largest producers of sodium chlorate, used as an environmentally-preferred bleaching agent in the pulp and paper industry; we also produce chlor-alkali products for a variety of market applications. Canexus Calgary is currently seeking:
The successful candidate will be responsible for full cycle Accounts Payable for specific plants. Including: entering invoices, matching to purchase orders, month end accruals, ensuring accuracy prior to payment and obtaining authorization of payment from multiple stakeholders. You will also be responsible for preparing weekly cheque payments, ensuring CSOX compliance and communicating with both internal and external parties. Specific duties include:
- Process invoices within SAP;
- Coordinate with the Treasury department to ensure payment runs are reviewed, approved and processed within timelines;
- Ensure adherence to financial and regulatory controls;
- Special projects as it relates to Accounts Payable;
- Provide excellent customer service to all levels of the organization;
- Liaise with procurement department and cost centre owners;
- Assist in the continuous improvement, development and implementation of financial processes;
- Provide assistance in the maintenance of process and key control documentation;
- Additional ad hoc projects as required.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years business experience
- Strong computer skills, SAP experience preferred.
- Excellent time management, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work as part of a team.
- Self motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Understanding of/Experience with Accounts Payable processes
Canexus offers a competitive total compensation package. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered further will be contacted. www.canexus.ca