Canexus is a chemical manufacturing and handling company serving customers for more than half a century. We pride ourselves on efficient low-cost operations, strategic growth, quality service and a commitment to Responsible Care® through safe, sustainable operating practices. Canexus produces sodium chlorate and chlor-alkali products largely for the pulp and paper and water treatment industries. We also provide fee-for-service hydrocarbon transloading services to the oil and gas industry.
The Canexus plant in North Vancouver, British Columbia is a well-established Chlor-Alkali production facility with over 55 years of successful operating history which in 2009-2010, undertook a major technology upgrade that brought this facility to a state of the art operation. Canexus North Vancouver is currently seeking:
Reporting to the Manager, Procurement, this position will coordinate purchases for all corporate groups in the Calgary office (Legal, IT, HR, Treasury & Finance) and provides administrative support.
- Coordinate purchases for all corporate groups based in Calgary (Legal, IT, HR, Treasury, Finance)
- Commercial negotiations as required.
- Provides administrative support to Procurement Manager and Corporate Buyer.
- Manages the changes for Vendor Master Data.
- Contract management (supply SAP contracts to plants and maintain contract status)
- Provide procurement support for capital projects (T&E Group).
- Prepare RFQ bid requests, analyze, and recommend course of action.
- Ensure adherence to corporate procurement policies and professional procurement standards.
- 1 - 3 years minimum experience in a Procurement position (Chemical industry experience would be an asset)
- Enrollment in the PMAC certification program.
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrated excellence in both attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Experience with SAP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiations skills
- Ability to promote and accept change
Canexus offers a competitive total compensation package. We wish to thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered further will be contacted. www.canexus.ca