Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Secretary to the Director of Roads & Parks Maintenance
||Roads & Parks Maintenance
||This position is responsible for providing key administrative support to the Director of Roads and Parks Maintenance and the Roads and Parks Maintenance Management team. This position also provides confidential support and carries out general administrative duties, as assigned.
The Roads and Parks Maintenance Department is responsible for road and sidewalk maintenance, street lighting and traffic operations, urban forestry, cemetery services, fleet management, horticulture, parks maintenance, storm water management, leaf collection and winter control throughout the City of Burlington.
The Secretary to the Director of Roads and Parks Maintenance is responsible for:
- Managing, tracking and follow-up of department correspondence with the public, senior staff, members of council and other stakeholders. Generating draft correspondence relating to areas of responsibility.
- Taking meeting minutes and preparing meeting information for the Director, as well as distributing agendas, minutes and related background information to Department Managers and Supervisors.
- Coordinating Roads and Parks Maintenance Department reports destined for Management and Standing Committees of Council, including editing, formatting documentation and tracking reports to ensure proper sign off procedures.
- Supporting public information centres and open houses, including booking facilities, preparing public notifications and presentation materials, and taking minutes.
- Providing customer service to residents primarily via e-mail or over the phone regarding all department services, particularly during winter control operations.
- Providing information to Council and staff on behalf of the Director and the Department.
- Facilitating and monitoring service requests from Halton Region, in accordance with the Regional Maintenance Agreement and Contractor Maintenance Services requirements.
- Working with confidential and sensitive issues regarding staffing, legal agreements, and collective agreements.
- Coordinating the performance evaluation process for all full-time non-union staff.
- Planning and executing special administrative assignments and Department activities, including providing administrative support for Department projects and/or acting as project leader or a team member for these projects.
- Gathering information and taking a lead role in the monitoring and updating of the Department website.
||The successful applicant requires a minimum of 5 years of administrative experience in a municipal or engineering environment. Excellent knowledge of computer based programs such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel is necessary. Exposure to web editing, SAP and/or Microsoft Project would be an asset. The incumbent also requires a high school diploma, and a certificate or diploma in a related field would be considered a definite asset. Experience with project management would be strongly preferred. Additionally, strong planning and organizing, communication, problem solving and customer service skills are essential. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate initiative, the ability to maintain confidentiality, creativity and attention to detail.
|Posting Closing Date
||$45,516 to $56,895