Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Secretary to the Director of Parks & Recreation
||Parks & Recreation
||This position is responsible for providing key administrative support to the Director of Parks and Recreation and, as required, to the Parks and Recreation Management team. This position also deals with department-wide confidential and sensitive issues.
The Secretary to the Director of Parks and Recreation is responsible for:
- Coordinating Parks & Recreation Department reports destined for Management and Standing Committees of Council, including editing, formatting documentation and tracking reports to ensure proper sign off procedures
- Preparing meeting information for the Director, as well as distributing agendas, minutes and related background information to Department Managers and Supervisors
- Managing the Director’s email, delegating emails to managers and following up with senior staff, members of council etc for issue tracking and file follow-ups
- Working with confidential and sensitive issues regarding staffing, legal agreements, etc.
- Generating draft correspondence relating to areas of responsibility
- Planning and executing special administrative assignments and departmental activities, may provide administrative support for dept projects and/or act as project leader or team member for these projects
- Assisting customers, service providers, community group executives in person and by telephone, fax and computer, often on director’s behalf
- Consistently administering the departmental recognition award program and monitoring departmental Performance Excellence Program (PEP) budget allocation, this includes confidential letter formatting and liaising with Human Resources staff
- Coordinating the performance evaluation process for all full-time staff, preparing evaluations for Supervisors to complete and monitoring deadlines to ensure performance evaluations are completed on time
- Providing information to Council and staff on behalf of the Director and the Department
- Ensuring that deadlines are met and work re-distributed to the appropriate Manager in the absence of the Director
||The successful applicant requires at least three years of secretarial experience, with strong administrative skills. Experience in a municipal environment is preferred. Excellent knowledge of computer based programs such as Word and Excel is necessary and exposure to Class, Amanda and SAP would be an asset. The incumbent also requires a high school diploma, a certificate or diploma in Business Administration or a related field would be considered a definite asset. Experience with social media and managing projects would be preferred. Additionally, strong organizational, communication and public relation skills are essential.
|Posting Closing Date
||$45,516 to $56,895