Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||This position is responsible for administering the collection of all taxes and charges levied on the tax roll. This position will administer all activities in regards to the tax sale process. The position is also responsible for administering charity rebates and the seniors’ and disabled deferral programs.
Duties for this position include:
- Responsible for tax arrears and the collection and processing of property taxes as required in accordance with City policies and by-laws.
- Responsible for related collection correspondence and as required collection telephone calls.
- Responsible for administering property tax rebate programs in accordance with the By-law.
- Administers the Seniors and Disabled Deferral Program in accordance with the By-law.
- Responsible for collection reports and quarterly input on Financial Status Report.
- Recommends tax accounts to supervisor for the City Treasurer approval of the write off of taxes owing in accordance with the provisions of Section 354 of the Municipal Act, 2001.
- Administers the registration process of properties for Tax Sale and ensures that all legislative requirements are adhered to.
- Provides back up to the Coordinator of Billings and Collection in collections.
- Provides customer first service and a pro-active professional service to internal and external staff.
||The successful applicants will posses a Community College Diploma in Public Administration, including completion of the Municipal Tax Administration program and membership with Ontario Municipal Tax and Revenue Association or willingness to join. The incumbent will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in collections, preferably with experience in municipal government and familiarity with a computerized environment is required. Exceptional customer service, communication and negotiation skills in high stress situations are necessary to be successful in this role.
|Posting Closing Date
||$64,391 to $80,489