Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Coordinator of Site Engineering
||Planning & Building
||With a goal of a one-window approach to development review, this position is responsible for the daily supervision of the Site Engineering section of the Planning and Building Department.
You will be responsible for overseeing the engineering impacts and recommending approval of site servicing and engineering drawings for development applications such as infrastructure requirements for inclusion in development agreements. Applications may include official plan amendments, rezoning, subdivision and site plans, Parkway Belt regulations, condominium ‘H’ removal and part lot control, Committee of Adjustment, land division, Niagara Escarpment development permits.
Supervising and leading a team of highly-skilled site engineering staff, you will:
- Coordinate and oversee the engineering review of all development applications to ensure compliance with all applicable policies, standards and requirements. You may be called upon to appear before adjudicative tribunals such as the Ontario Municipal Board;
- Respond to public, staff and elected officials on inquiries and facilitate resolutions to complex issues related to the requirements and standards of land use development applications, which may involve negotiation and mediation;
- Liaise with the Engineering Department regarding stormwater management, existing infrastructure, upcoming capital projects and other miscellaneous engineering-related issues that may influence the review of applications;
- Review and comment on environmental reports including environmental site assessments (Phase 1, 2, 3), records of site condition, certificates of property use and risk assessments;
- Develop and evaluate performance measures to meet business and customer needs including volume of development applications in the section and associated fees. Provide input to the annual operating budget;
- Prepare correspondence and reports to Committee and Council, attend public meetings and meetings of the City’s Community Development Committee.
Through your vision and strategic thinking, you bring creativity and innovation to a customer-focused environment. You get results in a team environment, work well as both a leader and team member and have demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication skills.
You have a university degree in civil engineering or a related field. Registration with Professional Engineers Ontario is considered an asset. This is combined with 5 years of related experience with specialization in environmental issues, storm water management and site contamination. Municipal experience is preferred. Supervisory experience required.
|Posting Closing Date
||$80,150 to $100,187