As a member of the Department’s management team, you will be responsible for:
• Managing staff and contractors in the daily maintenance and repair of city park and open space assets, including: parks, playgrounds, sports fields, beachway, and roadside horticulture, in accordance with all applicable legislation and approved levels of service.
• Managing daily maintenance of Halton Region rights-of-way and Halton District School Board properties.
• Managing the operations and maintenance of Greenwood Cemetery, and pioneer cemeteries.
• Managing and supporting capital programs, including the expansion of Greenwood Cemetery, and facility construction and improvement.
• Developing and delivering efficient winter control operations.
• Preparing written reports and developing annual operating and capital budgets.
• Attending and making presentations to public information centres, open houses, and Committee/Council meetings.
• Assuming the role of Acting Director, as required.