Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Financial Analyst (12 month contract/job rotation)
||This position is responsible for administering the Current and/or Capital budget processes including development of strategies and guidelines, budget preparation/review and variance reporting. This position participates in service based management, development charges studies and provides financial and economic analysis related to corporate issues.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for:
- All facets of the current and capital budget process including development of strategies and guidelines, budget preparation and review and preparation of related reports to senior staff and Council.
- Preparing budget publications such as proposed budget books, approved budget documents, and other material provided to Council and the general public.
- Monitoring budget performance and providing ongoing advice as required.
- Preparing budget variance and capital closure reports to Council.
- Providing customer first service and pro-active professional services to departments and external clients on ongoing financial policy and/or development related matters.
- Developing and implementing financial models and analysis, and recommend business solutions to departments or senior staff in decision-making.
- Participating in the administration and preparation of development charge studies and by-law, including preparation of legislative pamphlets and statements. Responsible for ongoing administration/interpretation of development charge policies and by-law.
- Administering all financial requirements related to development agreements including securities, insurance and cash deposits.
- Assisting with the preparation of fiscal impact analysis and provides analysis and technical advice on related matters.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a financial model to support Asset Management Plan.
||The successful candidate will hold a degree in business, finance, economics or commerce. As well as a minimum of three years’ of related experience in government or business, preferably with a municipality. The Financial Analyst – Budgets and Policies also requires strong skills in a computerized financial environment. The incumbent must also demonstrate strong attention to detail, the ability to work independently and excellent decision making skills.
|Posting Closing Date
||$63,279 to $79,099