Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Parks & Recreation
||This position is responsible for assisting with maintaining clean, safe and available facilities, while providing customer service on facility maintenance issues for clients.
As an important member of the facility operations section, you will be responsible for the following (including but not limited to):
Providing janitorial service, including cleaning and sanitizing public washrooms, floors, walls, tiles, toilets, urinals, rooms, bleachers and emptying waste containers.
- Performing minor snow removal and external work like read-o-graph updates.
- Setting up and removing tables and chairs as required.
- Painting or doing minor repairs as required.
- Following task direction from other senior employees.
- May assist in monitoring, adjusting and/or maintaining pools and pool equipment by painting, vacuuming, checking and recording operating data.
- May assist in ice resurfacing by sweeping around puck boards or by using ice edger, shoveling off excess snow upon completion of flood.
- There may be times when this position may work alone, generally during facility closure periods or for smaller rentals at single use facilities. During this instance, basic facility responsibilities like opening, closing and securing the facility will occur.
- Must be familiar with facility evacuation process in emergency situations.
||Must be able to prepare written reports, read and comprehend policy documents, maintain a logbook and interact effectively with customers. Strong interpersonal, customer service and basic computer skills are required.
WHMIS, C.P.R. and First Aid certification required. (Must demonstrate that this has already been completed or that you will complete it as a condition of employment.)
Experience in use industrial cleaning and/or dealing with security key panel operation, safety equipment preferred.
|Posting Closing Date