Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Field Services Technician
||Roads & Parks Maintenance
||This position is one of three field services technicians responsible for assisting with development and administration of a full range of operational programs relating to the maintenance of the city’s roadway & park assets, including roads, sidewalks, storm water systems, trees, flower beds, sport fields, etc. This particular vacancy is primarily responsible for program development and project management in the delivery of roads and parks maintenance services and capital programs, including: asphalt overlay, sidewalk repairs, surface treatment, traffic operations, street lighting, storm drainage, and winter control operations.
||The Field Services Technician - Roads responsibilities will be primarily responsible for:
• Preparing annual work programs, including identifying required resources and budget.
• Tender/Quotation preparation, including development of specifications, evaluating submissions and making recommendations for award.
• Project management and contract administration, including supervising contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications, on time and on budget, reviewing and approving payment certificates, chairing site meetings and responding to resident concerns regarding each project.
• Inspecting and evaluating city assets, and generating work orders for routine maintenance.
• Researching new technologies and methods, and evaluates their applicability for adoption by the city.
||The successful candidate will have a three year college diploma in engineering technology or equivalent training, and a minimum of two years related experience. Registration as a C.E.T. or acceptable equivalent is considered an asset given the focus of this particular vacancy. The incumbent will be highly knowledgeable regarding road rehabilitation and maintenance practices, and proficient in program development, tender preparation and contract administration. This is complemented by experience with GIS, GPS technologies, and work order management systems, in addition to MS Office products. Applicants will also possess strong project management, communication and organizational skills.
|Posting Closing Date