Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Planner II (12 month contract/job rotation)
||Planning & Building
||As part of a team striving to achieve the City’s land use and growth objectives, this position is responsible for conducting planning studies relating to the City's land use policy, policy development , and Official Plan general policy amendments. This position also reviews and makes recommendations to City Council on policy initiatives of senior levels of government.
||As a key member of our team, the successful applicant will:
• Provide an informed level of planning knowledge and expertise to assist with formulating long-range plans and policies;
• Manage and/or undertake research assignments in support of new policy development;
• Prepare special land use planning studies;
• Respond to policy initiatives at the City, Regional and Provincial levels;
• Liaise with staff, agencies, provincial representatives, the public and members of Council;
• Make presentations and/or facilitate discussion at public engagement events and at staff and Council/Committee meetings
||The successful applicant will have a university degree (4 years) in Planning or related field and membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners or equivalent. The incumbent will also have 4 years relevant professional planning work experience with at least one year policy planning experience and a strong working knowledge of computer applications, spreadsheets and databases. Assets include thorough knowledge of the Ontario Planning Act, related regulations and procedures, the Provincial Policy Statement and Plans, experience in growth management, rural and agricultural planning issues, neighbourhood planning, community improvement planning and downtown revitalization. The incumbent will be an innovative thinker, who possesses excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and written/verbal communication skills. The Planner II needs to be able to work independently and as part of a team.
|Posting Closing Date
||$63,279 to $79,099