Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Supervisor of Festivals & Events
||Parks & Recreation
||This position is responsible for leading a team that oversees both the development and implementation of community events, and direct-delivered festivals and special events. Works collaboratively with regulatory agencies and departments to ensure that safe year-round events happen across the City. This position is also responsible for the development and management of the event management process. This is a contract/job rotation up to March 2016.
The Supervisor is responsible to:
- Hire, train, supervise, monitor and evaluate staff, volunteers and placement students. Ensure that staff and volunteers are trained in corporate standards. Coach and develop staff to enhance skills and accommodate departmental needs. Identifies and resolves issues using a team approach. Ensures that departmental processes and programs are communicated to and followed by all staff and volunteers in the unit.
- Develops and implements a city-wide Festivals & Events Strategy.
- Create, monitor and manage the festival and event finaincial perfromance inclusive of revenue generation and targeted sponsorship strategies
- Facilitates a community development model to engage local groups in the planning and development of festivals and events.
- Works collaboratively with community groups and agencies in developing strategic alliances and partnerships to strengthen the City’s brand identity and increase participation at festivals and events.
- Manages the coordination of event application process, including: submissions, selection criteria, event coordination and logistics, post-event evaluation, policy and procedure development and risk management measures.
- Chairs the Special Events Team with representation from City departments, regional Health Unit and Halton Region Police Services, BIA and Tourism Burlington.
- Responsible for scheduling, organizing, supervising and evaluating programs, festivals and events.
- Manages marketing, for direct delivered events to increase public awareness, participation and represent the department on corporate teams. May coordinate and oversee projects. Liaise on an ongoing basis with other sections and departments, governing bodies, other external agencies or interest groups.
- Respond to public, staff and elected officials inquiries and complaints. Prepare reports for Council approval and represent the department at meetings.
||The Supervisor of Festivals and Events will have a Community College diploma or University degree in Recreation, or related discipline and 3 to 5 years experience in similar positions with exposure to community parks and recreation. Previous experience working in a supervisory capacity is also required. Certified Festivals and Events Executive (C.F.E.E.) is considered an asset. Exceptional customer service skills, the ability to work independently and strong problem solving skills are necessary to be successful in this role. This position works some irregular/varied hours including some weekend and evening work and may participate in the rotating on-call coverage for the section. The successful applicant must provide their own transportation.
|Posting Closing Date
||$64,391 to $80,489