Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Reporting to the Supervisor of Training, the Training Officer implements training programs for the Burlington Fire Department's career staff and volunteers.
The Training Officer is responsible for:
- Developing training programs
- Organizing and coordinating the delivery of training
- Managing the training environment
- Implementing and delivering training programs
- Evaluating training programs
- Assessing performance of learners
- Incorporating technology into the training environment
- Researching and evaluating Fire Department policies, operating guidelines, techniques and equipment
- Organizing and/or conducting career development activities for fire department personnel
- Performing administrative duties
- Performing public relations
- Demonstrating commitment to personal and professional development.
- Post Secondary Education
- Technical Experience in rope rescue, ice/water rescue, and/or hazardous materials
- Training Officer Diploma, Trainer facilitator or Master Trainer Facilitator certification from the Ontario Fire College
- Red Cross Emergency Medical Responder Instructor
|Posting Closing Date