Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||RPM Department Administrator
||Roads & Parks Maintenance
||The Administration Section of the Roads and Parks Maintenance Department is responsible for the overall administration of the department, including: customer service; payroll, accounting and clerical support; corporate stores and stockroom facilities; sign manufacturing and internal courier services.
As a member of the Department’s management team, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the accurate daily inputting and processing of payroll for approximately 135 non-union, CUPE 44 and CUPE 1540 staff, and ensuring seasonal and collective agreement premiums and adjustments are applied correctly.
- Managing the corporate stores and stockroom facilities, with an average value of $1.0M to $1.5M, including: preparing specifications , procurement, evaluating and maintaining sufficient inventory to meet the multi-service and seasonally variable needs of the department and corporation, monitoring current and capital forecasts and year end reconciliation.
- Managing revenue generation for the department, including: administration of agreements with Halton Region, MTO and the Towns of Milton and Oakville, accident recoveries, third party billing and sign sales.
- Managing the daily customer service and clerical functions for the department.
- Coordinating the annual recruitment of over 90 seasonal and summer student staff, including: screening, interviewing, hiring and on-boarding activities.
- Coordinating the activities of the internal courier service and sign manufacturing, including management of the raw materials inventory and costing of the end product.
- Representing the department on Corporate Teams and the corporation on inter-regional working groups.
- Preparing reports for Council approval regarding budgets or other departmental responsibilities/activities.
- Leading, developing, coaching and mentoring a team of 10 staff.
The RPM Department Administrator requires a 3 year University Degree or College Diploma that reflects training in accounting, business administration, financial management and/or human resources management. Education will be complemented by a minimum of five years of supervisory experience, with at least 3 years in an operational and/or labour-management environment. Familiarity with roads and parks maintenance operations, Ontario Traffic Manual sign specifications, collective agreements, Banner (HRIS), Avantis and SAP (ERP system) would be an asset. The successful applicant will have a track record of leadership success in a progressive work environment, with proven project and people management, financial and strategic planning capabilities. The incumbent must demonstrate creativity and adaptability in complicated and difficult situations as well as the ability to manage multiple conflicting demands. Additionally, this role requires excellent communication, report writing, human resources and financial skills.
|Posting Closing Date
||$70,804 to $88,505