Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Summer 2013 Day Camp Positions
The City of Burlington is accepting re-applications for Summer 2013 for the following positions:
- Summer Program Leader
- Summer Senior Leader
- Summer Programmer
- Van Driver
Rates of pay are:
- Summer Program Leader - $10.45-$10.65 per hour
- Summer Senior Leader - $12.12-$12.36 per hour
- Summer Programmer - $14.02-$14.30 per hour
- Van Driver - $12.12-$12.36 per hour
Positions will be hired for the following camp areas:
- Summer Neighbourhood Activity Program (S.N.A.P) - For children aged 5-10 years
- Youth Programs - Programs for youth aged 9-14 years
- Diversity Programs - Working with children, teens and young adults with disabilities. For those aged 5 years and older
This position is open to Summer 2012 staff only, applications for new Summer Program Leaders will be accepted in late 2012 or early 2013.
Summer Program Leader
Responsible for planning and implementing creative and varied programs to meet the needs and interests of all participants. Successful applicants will be responsible for the safety and supervision of participants both on and offsite and are expected to implement and participate in activities. Summer Program Leaders will assist with all aspects of camp while providing and coordinating a high quality program.
Summer Senior Leader
Responsible for the planning, coordination, and implementation of creative and varied programs to meet the need of the participants and the community. Successful applicants will be responsible for the safety and supervision of participants and staff both on and offsite. Summer Senior Leaders will assist with all aspects of camp while ensuring that a high quality program is delivered.
Responsible for the overall coordination of the city’s summer programs. This position will be responsible for hiring, budgeting and other duties as assigned with the assistance and guidance of the Recreation Programmer and Recreation Coordinator. The Summer Programmer is also responsible to ensure the highest quality program is being delivered at all locations throughout the city.
Responsible for delivering and picking up supplies to all summer camp sites, maintaining van schedule bookings, cash handling and assisting with special events and other duties as required.
In order to apply for a Senior Leader or Summer Programmer position, applicants must:
- Have a minimum of one "exceeds expectations" on their most recent performance evaluation
- Have a minimum of two years of summer camp experience
- Hold HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development certification
In order to apply for a Van Driver role you must meet the above criteria as well as hold a valid class G driver's license with a clean driving record.
Staff will be considered in the following order:
- Returning Senior Staff (returning Senior Leaders and returning Leaders who qualify to move up a level)
- Returning Leaders with no performance issues
- New staff, late applicants and returning staff who require an interview before hire (depending on the outcome of the interview)
Applications are currently only being accepted for returning applicants, new applicants will be accepted in late 2012 or early 2013.
|Posting Closing Date
- This position is open to Summer 2012 staff only, applications for new Summer Program Leaders will be accepted in late 2012 or early 2013.
- Summer Program Leader employment runs from late June until late August. It is expected that staff will be available to work Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm for this duration, time off for vacation cannot be accomodated.
- Summer Senior Leader employment runs from mid June until late August. It is expected that staff will be available to work Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm for this duration, time off for vacation cannot be accomodated.
- Summer Programmer employment runs from early June until late August. It is expected that staff will be available to work Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm for this duration, time off for vacation cannot be accomodated.
- Staff may be required to work extended care hours from 7:30am-9:00am and 4:00pm-5:30pm on a rotating schedule depending on site.
- The City of Burlington runs summer programs across all of Burlington and successful applicants will be placed at a location that best fits the City's needs.
- Successful applicants are required to provide proof of current HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development certification, Standard First Aid and CPR C certification prior to the start of camp as well as provide proof of a criminal record check including a vulnerable sector search, dated within the last two years.
- All staff are required to attend all scheduled trainings.