Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
||Transit Operator (2 vacancies)
||Burlington Transit is looking motivational individuals to join our team in becoming a Transit Operator. Transit Operators will be required to drive conventional and specialized transit vehicles.
The Transit Operator is responsible for:
- Operating a transit bus on a designated route(s) on the schedule provided in varying weather conditions.
- Providing limited guidance to persons with disabilities for boarding and de-boarding, as well as securing them.
- Following policies, established safety procedures and standards.
- Collecting fares.
- Answering or referring customer enquiries.
- Performing bus inspections, reporting defects, and completing incident reports as required.
- Ensuring passenger safety at all times.
||Qualified candidates will possess a minimum Grade 12 education, exceptional customer service and communication skills and a valid BZ license with clean driving record. Must be able to work shifts including splits, weekends and evenings.
|Posting Closing Date
||$23.58 (on probation) $24.82