Reporting to the Director of Planning & Building and working on the team to achieve the City’s land use and growth objectives, your key responsibilities include:
• Leading the team responsible for planning and development policies (Official Plan), regulations (the Zoning by-law) and various development guidelines;
• Reviewing and updating the Official Plan and Zoning By-Law beginning in 2012-2013;
• Managing policy research projects conducted internally and by external consultants including special area studies and neighbourhood plans and participating in corporate and intergovernmental study projects;
• Organizing, directing and maintaining accurate planning data for the department and city;
• Leading an interdisciplinary policy group including planning, transportation, housing, and natural heritage professionals;
• Liaising with other City departments, other municipalities and Burlington’s planning and policy partners such as the Province of Ontario, the Region of Halton and the Halton Conservation Authority;
• Communicating and explaining Burlington’s planning policies to the public, civic groups, citizen organizations and the business community.
• As part of the department’s management team, providing strategic guidance and direction in areas such as department operations, budget preparation and human resources management.