Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Landscape Technician (up to 1 year contract)
||Parks & Recreation
||This position is working in a team environment with professional Landscape Architects on park development and Department projects. The position focuses on conceptual detail park design, the production of construction details, and project supervision, including co-ordination of projects, through to implementation and completion. The position is responsible for collecting information and data to maintain Park Inventory, park plans and data for the Parks Asset Management program.
||• Provide assistance and support to professional Landscape Architects.
• Complete less complex park design, and assigned projects from conceptual design, through to implementation, including cost estimates, and supervision.
• Responsible to assemble information, data, and details to maintain an up-to-date park and facilities inventory, plans, and information for the Parks and Open Space Asset management program.
• Provide technical and Landscape Architectural expertise on projects, reports and studies to park professional Staff.
• Required to utilize computer programs and applications to produce designs, plans, details, estimates and reports.
• Address customer/ client inquiries on Parks and Open Space interests.
• Provide support and assistance to Open Houses and Public meetings, for assigned projects.
• Prepare estimated costs on projects for use in capital budget.
• Receive and incorporate requirements (regulations and policies) of other departments, and agencies to park projects.
• Organize and oversee product material, and reference material to support Parks and Open Space initiatives
||We are looking for a graduate of a Landscape Design/ Technician program from an accredited University or College. A minimum of 2 years professional experience in design and project supervision, contract document preparation and project administration. Must possess strong design skills, technical knowledge and strong working knowledge of details, specifications, and project implementation skills. Must have experience in the following computer applications: AutoCAD, Microsoft Windows Access, Word and Excel. Knowledge of GIS ArchView would be considered an asset.
|Posting Closing Date
||$50,957 to $63,696