Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Parks & Recreation
||This position is responsible for maintaining clean, safe and available facilities, while providing welcoming, professional, and responsive customer service. This position is also responsible for opening/closing facilities and providing task direction and supervision to junior staff.
As an important member of the facility operations section, you will be responsible for the following (including but not limited to):
- Perform various cleaning duties, including stripping/waxing of floors, steam cleaning carpet and equipment. Required to work with some small operating equipment (i.e. automatic floor cleaners)
- Provides janitorial service, including cleaning and sanitizing public washrooms, floors, walls, tiles, toilets, urinals, rooms, bleachers and emptying waste containers.
- Minor snow removal and external work like read-o-graph updates.
- Maintains facility supplies and assists with stock room and inventory.
- Set up and remove tables and chairs as required.
- May be the senior facility operations person and when that happens, is responsible for basic safety measures, including acting as Fire Warden for the facility.
- Provides customer service on facility maintenance issues for clients, both internal and external when senior staff are not available.
- Liaise with Permit Holders or Tenants to ensure facility maintenance needs are met during facility rentals.
- Required to open or close the facility and ensure building is secured.
- Responsible for basic building maintenance, which may include some or all of the following depending on facility location: basic maintenance of pool and filter systems including backwashing, chemical readings, etc; basketball/volleyball equipment maintenance and operations; snow removal using snow blowers, etc; power washing of exterior laneways or equipment.
- Responsible for logging all incidents that occur in both programs and facility and notify appropriate staff as required.
- During specific shifts, position may be assigned team leader responsibilities including the delegation of minor work assignments to more junior operations staff.
||Must be able to prepare written reports, read and comprehend policy documents, maintain a logbook and interact effectively with customers. Strong interpersonal, customer service and basic computer skills are required.
WHMIS, C.P.R. and First Aid certification required. (Must demonstrate that this has already been completed or that you will complete it as a condition of employment.)
Experience working with thermostats, timers, safety equipment, enunciating panels, industrial equipment (i.e. carpet cleaners) and building security key pads preferred.
|Posting Closing Date