Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Financial Analyst-Budgets & Policy
||This position is responsible for administering the Current and/or Capital budget processes including development of strategies and guidelines, budget preparation/review and variance reporting. This position participates in service based management, development charge studies and fiscal impact analysis and is responsible for the financial administration of development agreements. The position provides financial and economic analysis related to corporate issues. This contract is up to 17 months.
The position is responsible to:
- Participate in all facets of the current and capital budget process including development of strategies and guidelines, budget preparation and review and preparation of related reports to senior staff and Council.
- Prepare budget publications such as proposed budget books, approved budget documents, and other material provided to Council and the general public.
- Monitor budget performance providing ongoing advice as required. Prepare budget variance and capital closure reports to Council.
- Responsible for one or more of the following areas:
- Develop and implement financial models and analysis, and recommend business solutions to departments or senior staff in decision-making.
- Participates in the administration and preparation of development charge studies and by-law, including preparation of legislative pamphlets and statements. Responsible for administering all financial requirements related to development agreements including securities, insurance and cash deposits.
- Assists with the preparation of fiscal impact analysis and provides analysis and technical advice on related matters.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a service management framework including business plans and service based budgeting.
- Provides customer first service and pro-active professional services to departments and external clients on ongoing financial policy and/or development related matters.
The successful candidate will have a 3 year University Degree with specialization in business, finance, economics or commerce. The incumbent will have 3 years related experience in government or business, preferably with a municipality. Familiarity with a computerized financial environment is required, including PC spreadsheets and graphics applications.
|Posting Closing Date
||$63,912 - $79,890