Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Assistant Coordinator – Festival and Events
||Parks & Recreation
||This position is responsible for assisting the event staff with all aspects of the program.
This position is responsible for:
- Assisting with the planning, implementation, volunteering training and supervision of festivals and events. Including overseeing the delivery of one direct-delivered summer event.
- Assisting with all administrative details of events including volunteer selection, program plans, scheduling, purchasing and report writing.
- Processing and updating the Special Events Team manual and processing Special Events Team community event applications.
- Assisting the Coordinator in dealing with issues as they arise.
- Ensuring risk management practices, policies and procedures are followed.
||The Assistant Coordinator – Festival and Events requires at least one year experience working within a festivals and events setting and the ability to read and write English in order to complete administrative tasks. A strong preference is given to those with an educational background in Tourism, Recreation, Marketing, Event Planning, Hospitality or a related program. Applicants require strong interpersonal, communication, organization, administrative and event planning skills. This position will work up to 28 hours per week. Due to the nature of this position, shifts will often occur on evenings and weekend.
|Posting Closing Date
||$14.41 to $18.01 per hour