Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Service Desk Coordinator - 2 year contract
||Information Technology Services
||As part of the IT Infrastructure and Operations section of ITS, this position is responsible for coordinating IT Service Desk operations to maintain a high level of customer service delivering solutions and equipment, information and training , changes to functionality and system access, and problem resolution. This position will be responsible for process improvement, data reporting and analysis, performance monitoring, coordinating service desk staff resources and administrative support for procurement and inventory management, IT training and project management services for desktop projects.
The Service Desk Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing IT Service Desk processes, policies and procedures
- Delivering process improvements that are sustainable and achieve continuous improvement to support evolving business needs
- Maintaining process documentation and monitoring process execution and process efficiency for improvement opportunities
- Ensuring quality and consistency of service desk data to support effective performance measurement
- Establishing service level targets for service desk operations, establishing baseline performance and improvement objectives as well as monitoring, measuring and reporting on performance relative to targets
- Monitoring service desk queues, ticket status’ and coordinating Service Desk staff resources to maintain service standards and ensure time and effort is allocated appropriately based on priority and opportunity
- Leading weekly service desk status meetings with Technical Support Analyst team to review priorities, including engaging Senior Technology Analyst or Manager as required for decision making
- Reporting, informing and escalating major service (significant operational impact, SMT/Council impact) and significant performance issues (missed service level targets) to Senior Technology Analyst and Manager
- Implementing and monitoring inventory management processes to ensure all significant end-user IT assets are effectively tracked including desktops, laptops, mobile devices and various peripherals
- Coordinating annual corporate IT training program (in consultation with HR) including developing /advertising course offerings, coordinating trainers and training facilities, assisting with developing / acquiring course curriculums and material. Developing and coordinating on-line training, lunch and learns and self-help content (FAQs, user guides etc.) to enable City users to use technology effectively
- Providing project management and administrative support to major desktop projects (i.e. MSOffice and Windows upgrades)
- Coordinating hiring of co-op students and assisting with hiring of Technical Support Analysts. Assisting with on-boarding these new hires including training on process, policies and procedures. Providing input into the performance evaluations of co-op students and Technical Support Analysts
- May be required to provide direct Service Desk support during staffing shortages
||Applicants must have post-secondary education with a specialization in Information and Communications Technology, certification in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) would be an asset. The incumbent requires at least 3 years of IT service desk and project management experience as well as strong technical experience with desktop technologies. The Service Desk Coordinator must possess exceptional customer service and prioritization skills as well as a sense of urgency. Strong decision making skills and the ability to work independently are also necessary. Experience coordinating staffing resources preferred.
|Posting Closing Date
||$63,912 to $79,890 (under review)