Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Roads & Parks Maintenance
||Reporting to the Manager of Field Services – Parks, this position is responsible for the daily operation of the Greenwood Cemetery office and all city operated cemeteries. This includes interaction with bereaved individuals, families and funeral homes, the sale of interment rights and associated cemetery services, receipt of payments, and management of cemetery records and documentation. This position is also responsible for the general maintenance of cemetery grounds, buildings and tools, and the supervision of cemetery maintenance staff.
The Cemetery Coordinator is responsible for:
- Scheduling, supervising and monitoring cemetery staff in the delivery of all cemetery services including interments, grounds maintenance, markers, buildings, tools and equipment.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation, CVOR, and city policies as well as enforcing the cemetery by-law and acting as a liaison with the Ministry of Consumer Services, Cemeteries Regulation Unit.
- Documenting and maintaining all records of interment and services utilizing specialized cemetery software and department forms.
- Coordinating interment services with funeral homes and/or interment right representatives and performing interment/disinterment services and marker installations in accordance to legislation
- Purchasing goods and materials associated with cemetery operations.
- Operating vehicles and equipment related to cemetery maintenance and interments.
- Monitoring capital and current budget expenditures and revenues.
||Applicants require five years of experience in a cemetery environment including interments, cemetery sales, knowledge of legislation and grounds maintenance. You will also have a post-secondary education in horticulture, or field related to cemetery operations and posses a valid class G driver’s license with a clean driving record. The Cemetery Coordinator also requires experience supervising staff and proficiency with Microsoft Office and cemetery management software. The ability to work independently, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to perform some physical work are also necessary to be successful in this role.
|Posting Closing Date
||$63,279 to $79,099