Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Coordinator of Accounting
||This position is responsible for corporate analytical support, business process review and solutions as they relate to financial management systems. As well as designing, configuring, maintaining, upgrading, and providing training on financial management systems corporately.
This position is also responsible for supervising the accounting section which includes the following portfolios: disbursements and control, cash management, asset accounting and financial reporting including the preparation of audited financial reports.
||As an integral member of the Finance department, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
1. Provide pro-active professional services to departments regarding the effective use of Financial Management Systems (FMS). Co-ordinate and implement FMS training, documentation and end user support.
2. Responsible for system maintenance, user support and further enhancements with concentration in the Financial Information, Asset Accounting, Controlling and Procurement modules of the system.
3. Responsible for the ongoing development and administration of financial management systems including working with users to provide integration with other Corporate information systems and processes and implementation of business solutions and process re-design.
4. Supervise the accounting section including the selection of staff, training, development and performance management.
5. Oversees preparation of accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with PSAB regulations and coordinates the preparation of the financial information return in accordance with the requirements of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
6. Work closely with internal & external auditors.
7. Act as liaison with the City’s bankers and administers the bank-service agreement and any other related service agreements.
8. Responsible for the City’s point of sale (POS) system including e-payment solutions.
||You have a proven track record of leadership success in a progressive work environment that focuses on financial management, with strong analytical and decision-making skills. Demonstrated people, and financial management capabilities along with report writing, financial statement analysis and presentation skills.
You have an Accounting Designation (CA, CGA, CMA), and/or a University degree preferably in Business or Accounting. Your education is complemented by a minimum of five years of municipal finance or job related experience, of which at least 2 years is in a supervisory/managerial capacity. Experience working with financial management systems, databases and spreadsheets is required. (SAP experience will be considered an asset.)
|Posting Closing Date
||$79,356 to $99,195