Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||The City of Burlington - A Great City on a Great Lake - is located in Southern Ontario on the north shore of Lake Ontario between Hamilton and Toronto at the west end of the Greater Toronto Area. The city has a population of more than 170,000. Burlington offers a quality of life second to none: from recreational pools, community centres and some of the best hiking in the world; to a celebration of art and culture through the Burlington Art Centre, the Burlington Performing Arts Centre, the Royal Botanical Gardens and the Museums of Burlington.
As an employer, the City of Burlington offers a pay for performance system with competitive salaries, flexible work schedule and numerous health and wellness initiatives, including on-site fitness classes. The City of Burlington also supports employee development through training opportunities.
||Communications Assistant Co-op
||The Communications Assistant assists the Communications Advisors in providing high quality communications and public and community relations services and programs to assigned internal and external clients.
Services and programs include:
- Writing news releases, web information and articles for Focus (internal employee newsletter) and City Talk (City of Burlington's magazine)
- Reviewing and updating sections of the city’s website
- Co-ordinating City Update advertising
- Supporting the Communication Advisors with communications strategies, crisis communications, issues management and media relations
- Providing support for the city’s special events
- Assisting the Communications Advisors in designing and implementing internal (employee) communications
- Providing copywriting and/or design co-ordination for printed and online materials
||Applicants must be currently enrolled in, or recent graduates (within the last year) of Public Relations studies and possess at least a 3.5 GPA (B+ or higher average). The incumbent must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong grammar and spelling skills and a working knowledge of Canadian Press style. Candidates require proficiency with social media and web writing. Additionally, the leading candidate will have strong teamwork skills, the ability to handle multiple priorities and excellent attention to detail. Preference will be given to those who have a demonstrated interest or experience in the public sector.
|Posting Closing Date
||up to $20 per hour