Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Parks & Recreation
||This position is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe facility/environment, which meets expectations of the customers (internal and external), ensuring the provision of janitorial, minor mechanical and electrical maintenance services. This position also has additional responsibilities for general administration of facilities, which includes the scheduling, task supervision and co-ordination of staff and contractors. This position will be responsible for corporate and joint venture facilities. This position will also provide support to the facilities team that maintains arenas, pools, community centres, and specialty facilities
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for:
- Supporting program and service delivery by maintaining clean, safe and available facilities
- Coordinating facility set-up/take down requests, working with staff and customers while ensuring accurate collection of users needs
- Supervising and coordinating staff schedules based on need of facility and providing daily and on-going direction on workload, priorities and task supervision
- Working with Supervisor to ensure annual performance reviews are completed on time. Communicating regularly with staff on updates and operational issues
- Coordinating, scheduling and providing training opportunities for operations staff to learn/review emergency procedures, health & safety procedures and customer service skills
- Assisting with the development and implementation of procedures for safety inspections and preventative maintenance programs
- Maintaining and securing facilities by providing administration, maintenance, janitorial services, emergency, security and fire safety services
- Organizing contractors associated with the facility’s operation (i.e. cleaning, maintenance, snow removal etc.) and ensuring daily log of all maintenance and legislated requirements is completed
- Supporting the budget process by planning and maintaining budget for facility as well as prepare and coordinate reports and statistics related to areas of responsibility
- This position may participate in on-call services for facilities
Applicants require a diploma in facilities management or in a discipline related to facility operation and maintenance. Management training or experience supervising staff would be an asset. Applicants must also hold a valid G class driver’s license. The Operations Coordinator requires three years of experience in physical plant (arenas, pools, community centres) operations, including HVAC, security systems, plumbing and electrical work. Strong computer software knowledge is also required. This opportunity has a varied work schedule depending on the needs of the facilities including evenings, weekends and holidays. The part-time Operations coordinator will work up to 35 hours per week until September, 2014.
|Posting Closing Date
||$24.42 - $30.52