Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Planning & Building
||This position is responsible for planning studies, research, analysis, preparation and authoring of reports and recommendations to Council on matters relating to the City’s land use policy, development applications, Official Plan amendments, rezoning and subdivision applications, including general Official Plan amendments, and for reviewing and making recommendations on policy initiatives of senior levels of government. The Planner II reports to the Coordinator of Site Plans & Urban Design and works as a member of the Development and Infrastructure Division team to achieve the City’s land use and growth objectives.
As a key member of the team, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- The inter-departmental processing of all development applications including site plan, part lot control, condominium, conversion to condominium, sign variance, and “H” removal applications.
- Preparing reports, recommendations and/or comments on applications for Niagara Escarpment Development Permits, Parkway Belt, land division and Committee of Adjustment variances.
- Processing applications for rezoning, plans of subdivision and site specific Official Plan amendments.
- Participating on and lead Department, Division and Corporate teams in the review of issues and establishment of positions and strategies on matters of division and corporate interest, and represents the Department or City on external project teams and committees.
- Making presentations on planning matters at neighbourhood meetings, open houses and meetings of standing committees of Council as required.
- Providing planning advice and responds to inquiries from the public, development industry, various levels of government, media, staff, applicants and elected officials with respect to planning matters and other planning issues.
- Appearing before the Ontario Municipal Board and other tribunals to give expert evidence on the City’s behalf as it relates to planning matters.
||The successful applicant will have a university degree (4 years) in Planning or related field and membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners or equivalent. A degree in urban design or landscape architecture would be an asset. The incumbent will also have 4 years relevant professional planning work experience and a thorough knowledge of the Ontario Planning Act and related regulations and procedures. The incumbent will be an innovative thinker, who possesses excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and written/verbal communication skills. The Planner II needs to be able to work independently and as part of a team.
|Posting Closing Date
||$63,279 to $79,099