Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||2013 Ground Crew, EdgeWalk - Seasonal
||The first of its kind in North America, EdgeWalk is the world’s highest full circle hands-free walk on a 5 ft (1.5 m) wide ledge encircling the top of the CN Tower’s main pod, 356m, (1168 ft , 116 storeys) above the ground. Every aspect of EdgeWalk, from design, to build, to attraction logistics and operation has been developed with the utmost safety and security in mind.
To prepare Edge Walk guests for their experience by orienting them to the attraction and instilling a sense of safety and confidence. Screen guests for any and all falling hazards. Assist guests with fitting of appropriate clothing (jumpsuits, gloves, shoes, hats, jackets etc) and harnessing.
||• Maintain uncompromised attention to safety.
• Open and close the Ready Room area according to standard operating procedures.
• Ensure that each guest receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining impeccable standards with a solid product knowledge.
• Responsible for checking guests and removing any and all falling hazards.
• Responsible for screening all guests for intoxication by virtue of specialized equipment.
• Tie off all falling hazards which are required by the guests and cannot be removed ie: seeing eye glasses, rings etc.
• Responsible for safety inspections of all gear including; harnesses, shoes, jackets, lanyards and accessories.
• Assist guests with ensuring their valuables are stored in lockers.
• Assist guests with selecting appropriate jumpsuits, hats, gloves, shoes and jacket selection.
• Assist guests with appropriate harness selection.
• Assist Managers with inventory checks and procedures.
• Perform additional duties as directed by Associate Manager, EdgeWalk and EdgeWalk Leads.
||• A diploma from a secondary school is required.
• Prior face to face customer service experience with a proven track record in excellent customer service.
• Must adhere to all health and safety guidelines and procedures without fail.
• Must have an impeccable ability to remain focused and follow procedures without fail.
• Must be extremely comfortable working outside at significant altitudes.
• Excellent sales skills with ability to up sell and promote various Edge Walk and CN Tower products.
• Excellent sales skills with ability to up sell and promote the Edge Walk.
• Must be very outgoing and extremely personable.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Must exercise an excellent degree of judgment, diplomacy and tact to responsibly deal with all guests.
• Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all reports and documentation.
• Flexible to work rotating shifts, weekends, days, evenings, holidays when scheduled.
• Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
• Light to moderate physical effort. Requires handling of light weight objects. and,
• Frequent use of hands and arms for long periods of time adjusting safety harnesses for all guest.
• Large amounts of standing, squatting or and/or walking.
• Under the general supervision of the Edge Walk Manager, moderate weight applies to infrequent movement of supplies as required by business demand. Effort applies to number of hours as required.
|Health and Safety
||• Work in compliance with the provisions of the OHSA, regulations, and internal policies and procedures
• Use or wear the equipment, protective devices or clothing that the CN Tower requires, such as gloves, protective eyewear, respirators and safety shoes/boots
• Report to his or her supervisor any missing or defective equipment or protective device which could endanger any person