Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||2013 Guide, EdgeWalk - Seasonal
||Each Edge Walk Guide is personally responsible for the safety and well being of each guest that they are a guide to. They must maintain uncompromised safety of all staff and guests participating in the Edge Walk experience. They perform the role of personal guide to groups of up to 8 providing them with a safe, challenging and informative experience. They must ensure all guests are duly fastened and secured to the fall arrest system providing checks and double checks. They will facilitate Edge Walk tours maintaining a truly remarkable and world class guest experience where safety is paramount and never compromised. They will be responsible for providing guests with extraordinary service and information on all aspects of the Edge Walk experience.
This role is at the heart of the entire Edge Walk experience. The guide’s role is what makes the guests experience safe and enjoyable.
||• Maintain uncompromised attention to safety. Safety is paramount and supersedes all other aspects of the role.
• To provide the entire tour and experience by guiding the guests at 1160 feet outside.
• Must have an impeccable ability to remain focused and follow procedures without fail.
• Responsible for all safety checks and inspections at the beginning, during and closing of the operating day.
• Works closely with the ground crew to ensure seamless safety checks and guest preparedness.
• Ensure that each guest receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining impeccable standards with a solid product knowledge.
• Captures the memories of the guests experience via picture taking and video recording.
• Works closely with the imaging department ensuring changes or modifications are made to provide the guests with the best possible picture and video.
• Manage and accommodate requests when possible for last minute changes to reservations, group sizing, timing etc.
||• A diploma from a secondary school is required.
• Prior face to face customer service experience is preferred with a proven track record in excellent customer service.
• Must adhere to all health and safety guidelines and procedures without fail.
• Must be extremely comfortable working outside in variable degrees of temperature and weather elements
• Must be extremely comfortable working outside at significant altitudes (116 stories).
• Excellent sales skills with ability to up sell and promote various Edge Walk and CN Tower products.
• Must have a natural friendly personality that makes guests feel welcome and appreciated.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle shifting priorities.
• Must possess excellent problem-solving, negotiation, interpersonal skills, and verbal and written communication skills.
• Must exercise an excellent degree of judgment, diplomacy and tact to responsibly deal with all guests.
• Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all reports and documentation.
• Flexible to work rotating shifts, weekends, days, evenings, holidays when scheduled.
• Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
• On-going periodic health surveillance examinations will be required for pre- and post-employment. Examinations may include a review of various factors which will provide information as to whether or not the candidate is medically, mentally and physically fit and able to perform the duties of the position and is reasonably likely to remain so, subject to further periodic re-examinations.
• Light to moderate physical effort. Requires handling of light weight objects and, frequently, a large amount of standing, squatting or walking. Under the general supervision of the Edge Walk Manager, moderate weight applies to infrequent movement of supplies as required by business demand. Effort applies to number of hours as required.
|Health and Safety
||• Work in compliance with the provisions of the OHSA, regulations, and internal policies and procedures
• Use or wear the equipment, protective devices or clothing that the CN Tower requires, such as gloves, protective eyewear, respirators and safety shoes/boots.