Are you interested in this job opening? Are you the perfect fit for our organization? Click on Apply Now! and we will walk you through our Online Application process. If you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||2013 Marketing Assistant (Contract) / Adjoint(e), Marketing (Contrat)
||As a member of the marketing team, assist in the implementation and monitoring of the business plan and budget in compliance with long term strategic goals to increase brand awareness and drive incremental attendance and revenue for the CN Tower. Work effectively within both the marketing and communications functions, providing key resources for print and promotional marketing materials, and tracking/reporting of information collected through database management.
To be considered for this role, please apply by Friday July 26, 2013.
||CN Tower Collateral Material
• Assist in the development and production coordination of all CN Tower collateral material, including corporate letterhead, business cards. Liaise with departments as required.
• Coordinate F&B menu production, including supplier selection, menu translation, layout, and print production.
• Manage sourcing, ordering, distribution and tracking of all promotional premiums.
• Manage all requests for signage throughout the building, including design coordination, production and installation.
• Assist in planning and production of other print projects as required/requested.
• Manage various CN Tower marketing databases, including all updates.
• Special Projects - Archive Project – create a new database of CN Tower archive materials, identifying areas of need, and implementing an acquisition plan for artifacts as required.
Promotion and Donation Programs
• Promotion reports - Liaise with Manager, Advertising and Promotions to track weekly and monthly promotion reports; provide monthly reports and quarterly analysis.
• Donation program - Manage fulfillment of donation program for ticket/gift certificate requests. Track all requests, and provide ongoing/regular analysis.
• Provide assistance with tracking/reporting of other marketing programs as required.
Marketing Department Project Execution
• Assist with promotion and event execution, pertaining to planning, determining necessary resources needed; communication efforts and promotional material production, as required and requested.
• Assist with internal event execution as/when required.
• Provide other assistance to marketing team as required.
||Education and Experience
• A relevant college diploma or university degree in marketing or an equivalent is preferred. A diploma from a secondary school is required.
• A minimum of one to three years of related experience in marketing or event marketing and/or project management/production related activities is required.
• Comprehensive understanding and familiarity of marketing processes.
• Must be fully capable within Microsoft Office suite; working knowledge of Adobe suite. Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, conflicting demands, frequent interruptions, and heavy workloads.
• Superior organizational skills necessary to manage large volumes of business and opportunities from various sources and to coordinate multiple projects. Must possess strong computer skills, especially the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must possess considerable problem-solving, interpersonal skills, presentation, and verbal and written communication skills to deal with internal and external clients and guests. Must exercise a high degree of judgment, diplomacy and tact to responsibly deal with these clients and guests.
• Flexible to working outside regular business hours including weekends when required.
• Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
• Light to infrequently moderate physical effort. Requires handling of light and moderate weight objects including collateral and/or promotion material, office equipment and other office supplies and, infrequently, a moderate amount of standing or walking. Effort applies to number of hours as required by business demand.
|Health and Safety
||• Work in compliance with the provisions of the OHSA, regulations, and internal policies and procedures
• Use or wear the equipment, protective devices or clothing that the CN Tower requires, such as gloves, protective eyewear, respirators and safety shoes/boots
• Report to his or her supervisor any missing or defective equipment or protective device which could endanger any person
• Report to his or her supervisor, or the CN Tower any contravention of the OHSA, regulations, or the CN Tower policies and procedures or any observed hazard
• Refrain from operating any equipment, machine, device or thing or otherwise working in a manner that may endanger anyone
• Avoid engaging in any prank, contest, feat of strength, unnecessary running or rough and boisterous conduct
• Know, understand and implement safe work practices and procedures
• Know, understand and employ established rules and procedures for handling materials, equipment and processes (e.g. reporting unlabelled containers, using proper lifting techniques, etc.)
• Request that worn out or defective equipment be replaced
• Use all safety devices provided, ensuring optimum condition of devices and report any defects immediately to a supervisor
• Use equipment and materials only in the manner intended
• Report all injuries, incidents, hazards and unusual conditions immediately to supervisor
• Attend all required health and safety training programs (e.g. WHMIS, orientation), and applying knowledge to daily operating procedures at the CN Tower
||Marketing & Communications
||Marketing & Communications