Please apply online. Resumes must be in MS-Word '.doc' or plain text .'txt' format.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Team Lead, Information Access & Delivery
||The primary purpose of this position is to fulfill the Team Lead role for the Information Access and Delivery team, which includes leading eReporting and web projects in support of CIHI’s business objectives. The Team Lead is responsible for planning and managing the delivery of assigned projects including developing a project plan, translating it into detailed implementation plans and activities and assessing the resource requirements. Following project initiation, the Team Lead is responsible for executing the project plan, and controlling, monitoring and closing of the assigned project including required reporting.
In a senior capacity, the Team Lead will lead multi-disciplinary teams comprised of business area, technical and corporate support resources, both functionally and virtually, through a matrix organization model, all aligning to the plan.
The Team Lead is also responsible for departmental duties including assistance in managing the departmental budget, resource planning and leading junior staff members.
|Duties and Responsibilities
Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to manage scope, deliverables and other matters related to project(s) and ensures outstanding issues are addressed appropriately in a timely manner. Where necessary and appropriate, seeks advice and guidance from experts either within or outside the organization. Consults with and keeps project and functional area authorities informed of all progress and/or issues that are hindering issues. Escalates issues and problems as necessary to the Project Sponsor(s) and/or Project Steering Committee.
- Works with Manager, Information Access and Delivery, to establish overall project charter, success criteria and detailed objectives and performs the following activities:
- All initiation and planning/scoping activities for projects as assigned, as well as the detailed maintenance and control of all project activities through execution and implementation following CIHI’s project management practices.
- Establishing and maintaining a resource plan, budget, forecasts and reporting
- Liaising with functional authorities to secure the provision of required technical, business area and corporate support resources for the assigned project
- Appropriate management of risk, schedule, scope and budget
- Setting management goals for project activities and the project specific workload of staff with tangible work plans, which may include collaboration with managers/supervisors of staff assigned to the project for a period of time
- Anticipation of potential problems and recommendations for corrective action
- Staff development by mentoring staff, providing effective performance feedback and ensuring that there are opportunities for skills development
- Uses CIHI’s project management standards including project management methods, tools, and templates to develop, monitor and track operational plans, budgets, and work plans. In compliance with CIHI’s corporate reporting requirements, provides documentation regarding project progress and change requirements at the specified monthly/quarterly frequency. Reports on project progress and project deliverables vs. plan and expectations and produces project artifacts to provide information on overall project health. Ensures acceptance of project deliverables
- Liaises internally with the CIHI Management Team across the organization as required. Establishes and maintains relevant professional contacts on behalf of CIHI with external stakeholders in support of identified programs/projects.
|Knowledge & Experience
- Graduate degree in a relevant discipline (computer science, engineering and/or Business Administration or related). An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Over 5 years of managing medium to large scale Projects/Programs.
- Demonstrated experience leading Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence projects is mandatory.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the standard software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the development and maintenance of project management artifacts.
- Project Management Certification/PMP is preferred.
- Proven ability to achieve results on time and within budget.
- Strong customer relationship management skills.
- Highly developed facilitation, consultation and negotiation skills; strong time management.
- Strong knowledge of the health care industry and work experience with health care and not for profit environments would be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a matrix management structure.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Project and MS Excel is mandatory.
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
- Ability to meet travel requirements (occasional inter-office trips) as required.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Closing Date/Date limite