Please apply online. Resumes must be in MS-Word '.doc' or plain text .'txt' format.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Senior Analyst, Indicator Research and Development
||The Senior Analyst is responsible for carrying out data analysis, reporting and other technical and writing activities related to the development, compilation and verification of a set of health indicators. These indicators are intended to provide the public, healthcare providers, researchers and health authorities with reliable and comparable data on health, health care, and the determinants of health at facility, regional and other pan-Canadian levels. The Senior Analyst provides professional and timely technical support, communications, and other key client service assistance to stakeholders. The Senior Analyst may also act as a key member of teams responsible for other research projects related to health indicators and may also work closely with members of the external research community to define data requirements and to collaborate on joint initiatives.
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the production and dissemination of selected health indicators, including but not limited to data analysis, data verification, drafting reports and preparing presentations.
- Participate in the methodological development of new indicators.
- Provides professional and timely technical support to stakeholders on indicator projects.
- Prepares related documentation, interpretation and communication (including presentation) material as required.
- Responsible for the identification of user requirements for statistical data and deals appropriately with internal and external stakeholders when responding to requests for information or consultation.
- Conducts ad hoc analyses to support special studies, liaising with key stakeholders to fully define data and/or analytical requirements.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of CIHI's data holdings, related data held by other organizations, and tools used by CIHI to access these data holdings.
- Maintains current knowledge about analytical techniques, health services and population health research, and stakeholder information needs.
- Participates on CIHI project teams as required.
- Assumes responsibility for other related duties as assigned.
|Knowledge & Experience
- Graduate degree in epidemiology, statistics, and health services research, or similar fields.
- 3-5 years’ experience and knowledge in health indicators.
- Sound conceptual knowledge of health indicators, determinants of health, the measurement of health status, health system performance and Canadian health system and policy.
- Sound knowledge and experience with the analysis of large administrative datasets, analytical tools and reporting processes.
- Strong SAS aptitude
- Knowledge and experience in statistical analysis and modeling.
- Experience working with business intelligence tools and reporting (e.g. MicroStrategy) would be an asset.
- Experience in client support and preparation of statistical and descriptive reports.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Closing Date/Date limite