Please apply online. Resumes must be in MS-Word '.doc' or plain text .'txt' format.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Manager, Home and Continuing Care Data Management
||The Manager, Home and Continuing Care Data Management, is responsible, in collaboration with the Manager of Home and Continuing Care Standards and Support, for overseeing operational activities related to the Home Care Reporting System (HCRS) and the Continuing Care Reporting System (CCRS). The primary focus of the HCC Data Management role is maintaining the standards for HCRS/CCRS outputs, including resident assessment instrument (RAI), and providing users of the data with reports, analysis, data files, reports along with support for their understanding and use.
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and manages processes related to preparation of HCC analytical data sets, data requests, data quality analysis and reporting, and processing of non-production data. Coordinates communication and project management functions across HCC operational and development teams.
- Supervises the work and manages the workload of departmental staff. Recruits new staff with the required skill sets to support the department’s mandate and responsibilities, and effectively orients new staff to the department. Contributes to staff development by coaching and mentoring staff, providing effective performance feedback, conducting Performance Management reviews, and ensuring that there are opportunities for growth and development.
- Provides leadership for development of HCC analytical reports and for development or enhancement of other analytical products (e.g. Quick Stats, eReports).
- Oversees the application of CIHI’s Data Quality Framework and development of internal and external data quality reports.
- Provides input and feedback to other departments using HCC data for CIHI products and services.
- Ensures that high quality deliverables are met according to CIHI’s Operational Plan and Budget and that relevant external stakeholders and CIHI departments are consulted or involved as appropriate.
- With the Director and the Manager, HCC Standards and Support, develops and maintains appropriate links with existing and potential CIHI clients to assess needs and pursue business opportunities that align with CIHI’s strategic goals. Interfaces and develops close working relationships with provincial and federal governments, relevant provincial and federal organizations, research groups and data suppliers to ensure that information needs are effectively met.
- Oversees advisory committees and expert groups relevant to the portfolio, preparing documentation as required.
- With the Director and the Manager, HCC Standards and Support, develops operational and strategic plans for the department, and provides ongoing progress reports to the Director and PMO.
- Where required, manages and/or participates in development activities for the department as well as corporate projects and other duties as assigned.
|Knowledge & Experience
- Masters degree in Health of Business Administration, Epidemiology, Health Information or relevant field, or equivalent education/experience.
- Five to eight (5-8) year’s management experience, with direct experience in health care, health services research/decision support and/or database management preferred.
- Generally 3 years of management experience.
- Awareness and understanding of structure of Canada's health system, and issues and policies relevant to health services information.
- Sound knowledge of health information and its uses for policy development, planning, management and evaluation/quality improvement purposes. Experience in the collection and use of interRAI longitudinal data sets preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Knowledge of quantitative methods as they apply to health information.
- Experience in managing projects and stakeholder groups with diverse interests and needs.
- Ability to meet travel requirements.
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Closing Date/Date limite