Please apply online. Resumes must be in MS-Word '.doc' or plain text .'txt' format.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Senior Analyst, Quality Assurance
*** Please note this is a contract role ending March 31, 2014***
The Analyst, Quality Assurance (QA), under the direction of the Team Lead, Architecture and Standards is responsible for working with ITS staff and business units to ensure quality in CIHI’s deliverables. This includes: participating on large projects along with senior QA staff, involvement in test planning and test execution activities, participating as the sole QA representative on smaller initiatives and keeping CIHI’s QA methodology current.
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates as a Quality Assurance (QA) representative with project teams, business groups and development teams. Consults with teams to understand product functionality and the impact of requirements and change requests to software testing.
- Provides input to test strategies, assists in the creation of test plans, cases and scripts for product releases, executes test scripts, identifies and/or creates test data, logs defects, and provides input on product quality.
- Acts as contact in planning for, coordinating and managing test efforts on projects and other development or change activities.
- Assists in the investigation of bugs or issues during testing.
- Promotes test standards as identified in the CIHI iDLC and Test Methodology.
- Participates in impact assessments for Change Requests.
- Reviews deliverable products and conducts document inspections for compliance with expectations and applicable CIHI quality standards.
- Assumes responsibility for other related duties as assigned.
|Knowledge & Experience
- University degree or equivalent education/experience in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), or related discipline. Further specialization or experience in Quality Assurance methodologies for system development.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a technical analytical position involved in Quality Assurance within software development cycles.
- Data Warehousing experience in testing Oracle ETL solutions and MicroStrategy BI solutions is nice to have.
- Some experience writing SQL queries is an asset.
- Experience writing and/or executing automated testing including test data management tools and GUI tools and automation is considered an asset.
- Experience with testing methodologies, test strategy and planning, test case development & execution and test data management is a requirement.
- Experience with Black-box testing techniques for application functionality, security, data, Regression testing, Usability testing and User Acceptance Testing, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, verbal and written communication skills. Strong team player with a client/user orientation.
- Ability to plan and coordinate workload effectively and to work as part of the larger QA team is essential.
- Knowledge of systems development methodologies, UML, RUP and CMM is desirable.
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Closing Date/Date limite