Please apply online. Resumes must be in MS-Word '.doc' or plain text .'txt' format.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Analyst, Clinical Administrative Databases Development/Expansion
||The Analyst, CAD performs descriptive and comprehensive data analyses to support major CAD initiatives. The Analyst, CAD is a key member of the team and has a broad range of responsibilities. Activities include performing data quality analyses, responding to media and other ad-hoc requests for data and participation in user acceptance testing of the CAD production systems and CAD-related eReporting outputs as they are developed, updated and deployed into production. The Analyst, CAD will participate in CAD projects and initiatives, as well as CAD/AACIS team meetings as required.
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides analytical support to data quality initiatives including annual data quality evaluations of CAD data using CIHI’s Data Quality Framework.
- Provides analytical support to media and other ad-hoc data requests.
- Works with CAD Senior Analysts on the annual processing of CAD data, including the development and maintenance of applicable documentation.
- Participates in the design of testing strategies/test cases, develops code and test scripts, and provides analytical support ensuring correct and comprehensive testing of new systems as well as of annual upgrades and enhancements to existing CAD data collection and processing production systems.
- Participates in the design of testing strategies/test cases, develops code and test scripts, and provides analytical support ensuring correct and comprehensive testing of new, enhanced and modified eReports from the CAD related datamarts.
- Participates in the identification and resolution of important issues relating to the CAD databases to ensure effective operation and maintenance.
- Develops and maintains a detailed knowledge of the CAD databases and the tools (e.g. SAS, Excel, MicroStrategy) used to produce standard and ad hoc outputs.
- Ensures adherence to CIHI’s Privacy and Confidentiality of Health Information Principles and Policies when using and disseminating information from the CAD databases.
- Contributes to key activities of the Acute and Ambulatory Care Information Services branch as required.
|Knowledge & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Health Information Sciences, Health Informatics, Health Sciences, Social Sciences, or related field, or equivalent education/experience.
- Two to three years of experience working with relational databases, including maintenance, troubleshooting, manipulation and analysis.
- Knowledge of quantitative methods.
- Knowledge of data quality concepts.
- Experience with data manipulation and statistical software, including SAS.
- Expertise with Excel and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong conceptual and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and self learn.
- Experience working in healthcare an asset.
- Knowledge of SQL, Java and MicroStrategy an asset.
- Fluency in both official languages an asset.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Closing Date/Date limite